Fenix L2D CE

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
jayhackett03 said:
this light only puts out 55 lumens? wtf? the P1D CE puts out over 100 lumens doesn't it? why can't they make a really bright cree L2? and why did they use the ugly body instead of the L2P body?

4sevens tends to use previous entries as a template for new ones. Basically, he just copied the L2T entry and is in the process of changing the details. Since he's still on vacation, he might not get to it for a bit.

Edit: Sorry, I meant "business trip" of course. Gone until the 28th is says.

Last edited:

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
cannesahs said:
What is your source for this information? I haven't seen any pics yet. Fenix-Store's information is about L2T.

PS. I hope it's L2T desing. I like it a lot more, cause it's better grip.

I hope you are right and I'm wrong !
Trawling around I have gained this
impression....

LowTEC

Enlightened
maverick215 said:
do we have word yet if these are compatible with the 123 tube?

It has been mentioned, the answer is a big NO, Fenix purposely designed the new body so it can't be backward compatible (L1T nor 123 body), so they can milk our wallet deeper :rant:

x2x3x2

Banned
All the lights will be probably be moving on the the SSC P4 soon, after that beamshot of the modded Huntlight FT-01.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowTEC said:
It has been mentioned, the answer is a big NO, Fenix purposely designed the new body so it can't be backward compatible (L1T nor 123 body), so they can milk our wallet deeper :rant:

How are they milking anyone? They don't make a 123 body, that was 3rd party.

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
LowTEC said:

Unless you have a "deep throat" source within Fenix, I think you should seperate opinions from fact. It is true via the email quoted from Fenix that the LxD and LxT bodies are not compatible. It may be true that this was designed to milk our wallets. But there are other possibilities, such as a new reflector for the CRE, and new electronics. I suspect that one or both of these issues were involved in the P1 to P1D development, and the L1D series as well.

The Lumapower M1 has been suggested as a model light in regards to being able to change out the led, which would be a nice feature. The price: low 30s, for a reflector, and LED assembly. The head is substantially bigger on an M1 (by pictures) than any of the Fenix lights, and may make adjustments in the reflector etc, easier. Also, they didn't change the electronics, and it is a one stage light. A second stage will be added by tailcap, which has historically been inefficient due to the use of a resistor. Is this "much more value" than a 50 dollar LxD CE? It's up to each individual to decide. Choice is good.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
maverick215 said:
do we have word yet if these are compatible with the 123 tube?

The 123 tube was useless to me, because I can only use primaries.

maverick215

Newly Enlightened
TCW 60 said:
The 123 tube was useless to me, because I can only use primaries.
Amazing answer to my question!!!! Clearly you are the only one who has and will ever purchase a fenix AA light............
LowTEC
Thanks for the answer. As someone who has a 'stock' of 123's I was hoping to have that added flexibility. Here's to hoping someone steps up to fill in this void.

Alkalines are very weak in just about every high power lights, however if the Fenix light is "FULLY REGULATED" as many claims, it should provided the same output for the entire life of battery, albeit the battery wouldn't last too long simply because alkaline can't handle th e heavy load for a long time.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Valpo Hawkeye said:
How are they milking anyone? They don't make a 123 body, that was 3rd party.

If you want to use a single AA for convenience or 2 AA for longer runtime, you would need to purchase 2 seperate lights instead of using your exsisting L1T/L2T body, while the bezel funtion would be the same Low/Hi - General/Turbo.

outofgum

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunate timing on the vacation. Heh. Anyone know if he will be back by the estimated (or is it confirmed?) ship date?

ruralott

Newly Enlightened
outofgum said:
Unfortunate timing on the vacation. Heh. Anyone know if he will be back by the estimated (or is it confirmed?) ship date?
On his Web site, he says he's out until Jan 28.

InfidelCastro

Banned
cannesahs said:
What is your source for this information? I haven't seen any pics yet. Fenix-Store's information is about L2T.

PS. I hope it's L2T desing. I like it a lot more, cause it's better grip.

Totally. THe L2P's 'grip' was terrible. And the body was too fat.

L2T is much better.

coppertrail

Enlightened
Time to do a few refresh cycles on the 2700 mAh AA cells. :) Will the Eneloop AAA work well in the L0D CE? I don't have any 1000 mAh AAA cells.

InfidelCastro

Banned
My Sony and Energizer 2500's may get some use again. I think they've been in the freezer since November.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
My Sony and Energizer 2500's may get some use again. I think they've been in the freezer since November.

Total noobquestion here, but why do you store them in the freezer?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
But does it increase the the total life? Don't really see much point in retaining the charge in a rechargable, just recharge before the next time you use it?:huh2:

Sorry for the thread jacking.