Fenix LOP Survives Industrial Uniform Wash

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep losing my AAA lights and other larger ones simply disappear. This time one came home, which is hard to believe.

I left my LOP in my uniform's pants pocket and two weeks later it was still there in the pocket. The finish is now flat and has some grip, unlike the typical smooth Fenix finish. The light works fine and only a little moisture was inside. I guess this makes up for those that simply vanish. I'm happy this one was recovered because, IIRC, it may have been the first Luxeon AAA light.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is definitely not the first Fenix to survive a trip through the washer - one or two of mine even went through the dryer, but it wasn't long before I investigated the loud clank from my PD20.

I'm a little surprised the finish is now flat, though; mine came out looking like new. Did you use bleach or something? Or mayve Fenix had a different type of finish back then...

You might also want to check your o-rings or just lubricate them; I had 0 moisture inside my 3 lights that went through water torture.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This LOP is, of course, "old", and has original O-rings, so I'm not surprised about the small amount of moisture.. Yes, I've washed other lights, but this one underwent a harsh washing, drying, and sanitizing because I'm an electrician in a bakery where sanitation is important. My shock is that it stayed in the pocket. Our uniforms are dumped into a large bin and they undergo a lot of handling and are pressed to eliminate wrinkles.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
This LOP is, of course, "old", and has original O-rings, so I'm not surprised about the small amount of moisture.. Yes, I've washed other lights, but this one underwent a harsh washing, drying, and sanitizing because I'm an electrician in a bakery where sanitation is important. My shock is that it stayed in the pocket. Our uniforms are dumped into a large bin and they undergo a lot of handling and are pressed to eliminate wrinkles.

Someone must have wondered how come your uniform seemed thicker than average!