Fenix P1 got 2 issues

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I got my Fenix P1 about 1 year ago. So far I have 2 issues. First the battery last about 1 hour. Next time I try to turn it on is just dead. No warning, no nothing. No dimming, no nothing. Many times I got caught with no illuimnation, complete darkness. Has this happend to you with this particular model ? (not interested in carry extra battery) ( i want some dimming as a warning, there is none)

Second thing is that I keep it on my key ring. The metal hole through which the ring is has been wearing out from inside. Is so thin now I fear it will eventually completely wear out and lose the P1. What you guys think of this?

Any experience with this?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Issue #1 seems like it's a battery problem. It sounds like you're using rechargeables and the life may be ending for that.

Issue #2 can be resolved by using lighter o-rings, such as what I listed in my signature. The 6mm / 8mm rings are very light weight and yet sturdy. They will be more gentle on the light.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I got my Fenix P1 about 1 year ago. So far I have 2 issues. First the battery last about 1 hour. Next time I try to turn it on is just dead. No warning, no nothing. No dimming, no nothing. Many times I got caught with no illuimnation, complete darkness. Has this happend to you with this particular model ? (not interested in carry extra battery) ( i want some dimming as a warning, there is none)

Second thing is that I keep it on my key ring. The metal hole through which the ring is has been wearing out from inside. Is so thin now I fear it will eventually completely wear out and lose the P1. What you guys think of this?

I do not believe your will ever get around the issue with flashlight running out of batteries and well regulated lights do not dim before they are nearly out of power. Your can get boxes for two CR123 batteries from DX, they are rather small and easy to carry.

Your need a titanium light, it will not wear out.
A Lummi is with direct drive (i.e. it will dim when the battery is running low) and they exist in titanium (They are a bit more expensive that the Fenix :grin2:).

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I don't know about the P1 however my E01 will drop into a 50% mode or something like it. The L2D Q5 seems to drop down fast but it does not just go out unless I don't pay attention to the reduction. However it is hard to miss. Also I can reduce the output to low. So on both my Fenix lights I know when to add new/charged batteries. I use Kevlar line for the loop. Changed out the metal keychain loop on my E01 for the Kevlar as well.

Last edited:

alibaba

Enlightened
Hi,

Any experience with this?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Chris

First issue you have 3 choices: carry a spare light, carry a spare battery or buy a different light. You say you want dimming but you're not gonna get it, not dimming is just how your light is regulated and you can't change that. Maybe buy a multi-level light so that when high goes off you can turn it down to low.

Second issue: get a small drill bit and drill a new hole in your light. Easypeasy

Last edited: