Fenix P1 review - FR

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks Doug,

heh, funny, I JUST got done writting mine !!!
Still have to take some photos though, rats, you beat me once again. :nana:

~John

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how the P1 compares to the L2T with the 123 body? Any size comparison pictures? It seems to me that this should be a direct comparison to this light. I'm thinking of getting the P1 but wouldn't the L2T with 123 body be better since it is regulated?:whistle:

carrot

Flashaholic

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review. I just got my P1 a couple of days ago, and so far I am very impressed with it. I feel it is a worth successor to my much loved ARC LSH-P I sold a year or two ago, at about 1/3 the price. Whether or not it will be as durable and reliable as my LSH remains to be seen, but time will tell.

-Keith

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Thanks for answering the questions, everyone!

Ticey! I can't believe I beat you to the review. Mine's been waiting in the queue for a month! :p

Knifemaster: the L2T with a 123A body will be about 3/8" longer based on the size of my L2P with 123A body. The P1 is regulated, so the L2T won't be better in that aspect, but the L2T will have two output levels while P1 only has one level.

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for answering the question, now which should I get .... perhaps both?:huh2:

I don't need a light but I just can't help the itch ...:awman::naughty:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
TinderBox (UK) said:
any word on compatiblility with rechargeables.

specifically AW`s protected RC123A.

thanks.

it's the only way to go!:goodjob:

hyperslug

Newly Enlightened
I'm a little surprised. A few folks have said it's brighter than their Amilite but the Amilite output is 3500 overall while this one is 2800 (units in QUPS). Even considering that the Amilite spends most of its regulation at around 90% it would still be brighter. Maybe since it's only $45 it's more "losable" and therefore more EDC-able.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
hyperslug said:
I'm a little surprised. A few folks have said it's brighter than their Amilite but the Amilite output is 3500 overall while this one is 2800 (units in QUPS). Even considering that the Amilite spends most of its regulation at around 90% it would still be brighter. Maybe since it's only $45 it's more "losable" and therefore more EDC-able.

On a rechargeable cell it will blow the Amilite away for overall output. Mine was damned near 2x the output of a primary lithium at the very start of an RCR123.