Fenix pd32 or the Fenix tk15

bworm989

Newly Enlightened
what light would you suggest and why. I'm looking to get a nice small light with a lot of lumes but not bigger than the tk15.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
If your just looking for a nice small, bright light go with the PD32. It won't have the throw that the TK15 will have but, it will be smaller, lighter, easier to carry, and nicer to use up close. If you need something stupid tough go with the TK15. I carry the TK15 on my duty belt and it has a taken a stupid beating, including flipping down more than one stairwell.

I would suggest the PD32 just because it sounds like you are looking for a general light, not a tactical light. It's a pleasant, discreet form factor that is a joy to use. I keep either that or an LD22 in by bag depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing. The added bulk of the TK15 kinda ruins the slim/ pleasant factor for me. It's absolutely an awesome light but, it never really struck me as a general use light, more of a purpose built light.

bworm989

Newly Enlightened
okay thanks i think the pd32 is the right light too i like the look and the that is it smaller than the tk15. thanks for the advice.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a PD32 since January and added a Li-Ion 18650 and can't complain. It's a 'slender' light that has nice modes for my needs and puts out a decent beam.

Sometimes, it's easy to lose the button on the side, as it's fairly flush with the head, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Don't have any experience with the TK15, so can't help with the comparison.

Chris

mikesurfs

Newly Enlightened
I have a tk15 in a weapon mount on my rifle. Great for shooting in low light and seems to be pretty tolerant of recoil as well.

M.

TheVat26

Enlightened
I got my brother a pd32 315 lumen version and I like its beam profile much better than my Klarus xt2c. For edc, the pd32 puts out one of the best balances of intensity, spill, throw, runtime, and color rendering.

radiopej

Enlightened
I have the PD32 UE version and I love it. Only complaint is that it doesn't really throw. If you want a thrower, the TK15 throws way better.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Re: Fenix PD32 UE vs. Fenix PD35

Beside the lumens, which will be a better choice, the PD32 UE or the PD35? They are basically same design and size.

buds224

Enlightened

Beside the lumens, which will be a better choice, the PD32 UE or the PD35? They are basically same design and size.

It's going to come down to personal preference. What I notice as differences are:

- PD32UE has a slightly larger hotspot than the PD35
- PD35 has a slightly longer body
- PD35 is cool tinted while the PD32UE leans closer to neutral

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also like my PD32 and probably this week may add the LD12 but personally i think it is over priced by about £10 so i am still toying it around my head but i have a thing for the Fenix brand.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

A tip I learned from someone on here is to point the clip on the PD32UE down toward the switch. That way you can find the side switch more easily in the dark.

I'm a fan of the more neutral tint of the PD32UE.