Fenix PD35 ,850 Lm,powerful,compact 18650 flashlight-REVIEW

Durand Durand

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for this excellent review. This helped me decide on my first fenix...which of course is a PD35. I also splurged and bought a couple of fenix ARB-L2 batteries and the ARE-C1 charger. Now if I can just get it mounted on my AR-15, I'll be G2G!

BTW, the brand new ARB-L2s stayed in the charger less than 2 hours before the charger LEDs turned green. I checked them both with my Fluke DVM and got 4.143 and 4.154 volts. Don't know if this is good but I figure on monitoring the charger's performance over time.

Last edited:

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
BTW, the brand new ARB-L2s stayed in the charger less than 2 hours before the charger LEDs turned green. I checked them both with my Fluke DVM and got 4.143 and 4.154 volts. Don't know if this is good but I figure on monitoring the charger's performance over time.
Your voltage results are similar to what my batteries do when charged on the ARE-C1 charger. Using either Tenergy or Fenix batteries, my freshly charged batteries measure about 4.15 volts. While I wouldn't mind if the charger would charge all the way to 4.2 volts, I'd rather have them charge to 4.15 volts than charge over 4.2 volts.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. It took me WAY too long to figure out that this flashlight is the one I wanted.

I donno if there is a sale forum page, but the official Fenix-Store dot com has a good deal on their flashlights with the APP10 10% discount. I not only got the Fenix PD35 but their new 18650B 3400mAH Pany protected rechargeable batteries. With the discount, the batteries come out about the same price as the Orbtronics and no sales tax and free shipping. Plus their charger PLUS their over the top HP30 Headlamp. I just couldn't help myself! Imagine hitting a trail with 1700+ lumens. Deer will be blinded, birds will start chirping for the dawn, forest fires will be reported...

• :eek:oo:
Congrats! Nice Fenix combo :thumbsup:

I bought one recently and am really impressed by the built and the brightness. Haven't really have a chance to try it outdoor but from my limited time playing with it indoor, it is darn good. I initially wanted the Nitecore P12 but the regular store that I got my flashlights from doesn't carry the Nitecore products. So, I went for the PD35 without any regrets.
Good choice :thumbsup:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for this excellent review. This helped me decide on my first fenix...which of course is a PD35. I also splurged and bought a couple of fenix ARB-L2 batteries and the ARE-C1 charger. Now if I can just get it mounted on my AR-15, I'll be G2G!

Glad my review is helpful.

Thanks guys for the info about the chargers.

Your voltage results are similar to what my batteries do when charged on the ARE-C1 charger. Using either Tenergy or Fenix batteries, my freshly charged batteries measure about 4.15 volts. While I wouldn't mind if the charger would charge all the way to 4.2 volts, I'd rather have them charge to 4.15 volts than charge over 4.2 volts.

TracerX

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at another light to replace my PD32UE - this one looks pretty sweet...

den331

Newly Enlightened
this happened on my PD32UE but it happened to my unit after 8 months of use. i sprayed the inside of the head with contact cleaner now it's good as new. but the bad news is it ruined my reflector . because i dont know how to take apart the head
just got this about a week ago. Today as I was playing with it, I noticed that the mode switch has become a bit unresponsive and once in a while the brightness will not change when I press the switch and have to press it harder to change the modes. The mode switch may have become less sensitive. Anybody else have this problem? It is not so bad so am holding out on contacting Fenix for replacement under the 2 year warranty.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Great review! I bought the PD35 not long ago & love it.
Thanks. Enjoy it! :thumbsup:
I measured the output of PD35 about 940 lumen. My lightbox is in testing phase yet,so the value is not 100% accurate,but this flashlight is definitely brighter than many other lights. :cool:

12427339793_ac14408287_o.jpg

All measurements are taken 30sec after activation.

ncvetteman

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Fenix PD35. I love it. I actually like the side button to cycle through the output levels.

Very easy to use. :twothumbs

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PD35 has surprised even me
I bought a Lux meter, is not professional, but I think it's accurate because I did a lot of measurements and found evidence of what is declared by the manufacturers.
I have found from 10500 to 12000 lux which is much more than the promised 8500.

(translate with Google)

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's one of the most excellent reviews I've ever seen. I just ordered a PD35 a couple minutes ago.

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
I own a PD35, it worked well for the first month. I seem to have a serious issue with the switch, my flashlight is temperamental and unreliable. I think Fenix should recall them and do further testing. If other people have the same issue please post it. I own many Fenix lights and hope this is an isolated incident.

braddy

Enlightened
I think one of the guys will suggest that you tighten up the switch a little.

If you go to the first post, one of those photos shows you the two indentions on the inside of the switch, you can put the tips of some needle nose in them and tighten, or loosen the adjustment.

DarkRemover

Newly Enlightened
WOW! This is what I would call a detailed review deluxe!

Great job here!

I am now going to purchase this light!

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
My PD35 and E35UE - Grrreat lights!....my 2 favorites.

Last edited:

Latest posts