Fenix PD35 vs Nitecore SRT5

passive101

Enlightened
Nice! Please let us know how you find them when they are side by side!

Will do. I have lithium rechargeables coming for both of them so it should be a good comparison. I think both of these are guaranteed to throw further then my sc52

opus360

Newly Enlightened
Passive101,

How about a mini comparison amongst the PD35, SRT3 and SRT5? Which one do you use more often? Which one do you like the best? Pros/cons of each. I hope it is not too much to ask for.

kvk01

Newly Enlightened
I just received the SRT5 and can tell you it is very "gimmicky" blue, red, are useless, (very dim) and it is a very floody light, not as pin point as I wanted. My Surefire Fury and Streamlight HL Pro both at 600 lumens are much better. The Nitecore I'll keep for in the yard around the house, but for tactical use I will stick to the Surefire and Streamlight. However, I am a gadget guy and interested in trying a Fenix so that will probably be my next in a rechargeable, maybe the UC45, it looks promising.

KVK01

Dark-Energy

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, this is my first post in this very active forum.
I bought two weeks ago both, the Fenix PD35 and the Nitecore SRT5. I find both very luminous with the PD35 having the edge at the turbo setting. Personally I prefer the SRT5 because the ring allows a rapid and accurate change of brightness and as other have mentioned I dislike the one way stepping mode of the PD35.
Furthermore the lowest setting of the PD35 is too high for my night work while the SRT5 lowest setting is just right. Regarding construction and quality, they look and feel similar.

Latest posts