FENIX TK10 Review

rockz4532

rockz4532

Enlightened
Should have gotten the TK11 w/R2 then. It's the only Fenix light in the Tank series to have an R2.

However, I'm sure there isn't much difference to the eye in brightness....
There is not any noticable difference, but it does have regulation on a 18650, while the Q5 does not.

My TK10's emitter is a little bit off, but the reflector is a little bit screwed up so they cancel eachother out, ill post some pics later.

javajoe

javajoe

Newly Enlightened
Could someone please explain how the low battery indication system works?

It there some visual alert?

Does it alert you before rechargeable li-ons become too discharged?

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone please explain how the low battery indication system works?

It there some visual alert?

Does it alert you before rechargeable li-ons become too discharged?

The TK10 flickers when the voltage is low but protected RCR123 should cut off before then.

Przemo(c)

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

just wanted to add my few bits to this light review.
In my opinion it's relly great light for everyday use. Two modes of output are basically everything you need in your normal use. However that 200 meters throw is indeed slightly exagerrated. Let's say you can illuminate something at 150 m range, but definitevely at 200 m it will be just "something" you will be able to see. At this range you will still be able to tell the human from the car, for instance :), but it's not enough to say that it has "200 meters throw".
One more important thing - I am talking here about total darkness, in the middle of nowhere, when your eyes are adapted to it. It will give you total different impression while you're in the town or even next to the big city (hope you know, what I mean). Lumens readings are one thing, but your own impression of the particulate light in particulat place is something different here.

Build quality is outstanding. I did not have many flashlights in my hands (except for Fenix P30 and different Mags), but I'm kind of oversensitive about quality, and can tall you one thing - you won't be disapointted about it definitively. I have this flashlight for over a year now and was using it in different situations - bonfires (few times I forgot to take it home and it spent all night somewhere in the wet grass), normal home use, carrying in the pocket, keeping in the car, it was dropped on the floor several times, almost everyday I'm sinking it in my fishtank to get better light in helping me to get rid of the snails :nana: and so on, so on, etc - just normal non-abusive everyday use. And tell you what - the anodizing is so good, that I cannot find EVEN ONE SINGLE scratch ont the body!!!! Even on the edges or sharp parts, absolutely nothing!!! I just cannot imagine better quality, unless you measure it with some sophisticated equipment, not normal everyday use.
I think the next step over it would be some tank-build light which could stand gun shot or be dropped from 100th floor. But who would really need one...
Well, maybe I'm a bit over excited about the quality here - probably most of well known makes offer the same quality or even better. What I'm trying to say, is that the quality of the TK10 is far more better that we really need in everyday use. For most of us this flishlight will last for years and years (if we don't sell it in the CPF marketplace to get even better light :D:nana::devil::party:lovecpf)

M

mcson

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

It is a great review...thank you so much for that..

One thin I want to know is that if I can use this Light for diving purposes?

If so, how many meters/feet?

Thank you all in advance

PlayboyJoeShmoe

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I can add something here that MIGHT be important to some people.

Maybe a year ago or so, I got called to go to a house without power to meet my boss and a cop. The Lady Cop did not have a light and the Boss' Magcharger was kapoot.

I handed Boss a Magled in a 3C model and I had my TK10.

Two or three comments like "this Maglight has a pencil beam and that light you have lights up a large area"

And I pretty much kept it in general mode.

I've since gotten better throwers and flooders but no other light has even threatened to bump the TK10 from my truck.

I must say the Rebel Mags handily STOMP the Luxeon Mags.

Anyhow:clap::rock::thumbsup::twothumbs to TK10

S

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I got TK10 my favourite allround light was Tiablo A9, which I prefered to use with the textured reflector for the smoother beam.
When I got TK10 I soon realized that this was my new favourite. Not that good throw as A9, but a slightly wider beam without any visible artifact, better for allround use, and in a more reliable performance.
One thing I noticed is that the general mode of my TK10 is closer to 45 lumens than 60, if my lightmeter is correct (1/5 of turbomode). Positive or negative; TK10 is a great flashlight.

Regards, Patric

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe wrote:
"The Lady Cop did not have a light"

I can't believe a police officer did not have a light. She must be a rookie with poor training.

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I ever found her again I was gonna fix her up with a light. Never did and now likely never will.

It shouldn't take her long to figure out that she needs to have a light at all times, hopfully she won't get whacked before then.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
This is small town East Texas. We don't actually get a lot of muggings and killings around here.

Still having a light or two on your person is FOR better than NOT having!

DM51

DM51

Super Moderator,
Supporter
She must be a rookie with poor training.
It shouldn't take her long to figure out that she needs to have a light at all times, hopfully she won't get whacked before then.
Lightwalker... you seem to spend half your time hectoring people with half-baked religious propaganda and the other half being obstreporous, confrontational and just plain offensive. We'll take a rest from your bombastic trolling for 2 weeks.

1boredguy

Newly Enlightened
a lot of nice photos. thanks.

E

Egsise

Banned
Lightwalker... you seem to spend half your time hectoring people with half-baked religious propaganda and the other half being obstreporous, confrontational and just plain offensive. We'll take a rest from your bombastic trolling for 2 weeks.
Someone got up with the wrong foot. :tired:
I don't see where he broke the rules.

DM51

DM51

Super Moderator,
Supporter
Egsise... please take some time off, and use it to read up on Rule 4.

Edit: This is the 3rd time you have been banned for this or similar offenses. Until you learn to obey the Rules, the bans will keep getting longer and longer. The next one may be your last.

Last edited:
A

alvin8803

Newly Enlightened
greetings! what would be the best brand of rechargable batteries for fenix tk10?

B

buana

Newly Enlightened
hi to all you. i got a fenix tk 10 as a present, and even i was very happy having it, i am now i little my confused. the tk 10 has two light modes: a regular (60 lumens) and a turbo (220). i am not sure if i even have about 40 lumens with this flashlight. i am using two rechargeable batteries CR123 AR, Li-Ion 3V, 600mAH 2WH but the light is not strong enough. and of course i do not have this super turbo mode with 220 lumens. is the flashlight not working or are the batteries the problem? any help.. thx

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully tighten the head for Turbo.