Fenix TK20R V2.0 has come out.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quick search but found no mention of it, which surprised me.

I have done a quick look video to introduce people to it and I shall be doing 1 or more night footage videos when I have time at night to show the light off.

Video 1 Overview

Video 2 Night time in the back garden

Video 3 Night time in the woods

Video 4 Longer range across a field and medium range on path + woods

I like it a lot. I love the retractable cover on the charging port, I like the strobe instant access, I like the signal capability with momentary access again. Most of all I like the throw! Not tested it in the dark yet, as I just got it. But I can't wait to try it out!

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot about this light seems to have been well designed except the memory-mode-only UI.
If they had added a mode which allowed the light to switch on on high only, it could have been killer.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean, though the more complex the UI gets, the less easy it is for people. I was not overly a fan of the complicated 2 sets of modes in one of the lights I had from them one where it would be a general set of modes and another tactical mode. It was just overly convoluted. The fact that it remembers is still good. You can still achieve this. When I pull my TK20R V2.0 out, it is in turbo immediately.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some footage in the woods added. I have to record video 2 and then I want to try and get an open longer range bit of footage, if my phone camera allows, to show the spill and beam better.

Also added video 2 now.

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
That torch has a lot going for it. I like the charge port strategy. I happen to like mode memory also.
Your phone camera has really good auto-focus.
Thanks. I do the best I can. I never have a flagship phone, but I think this phone does ok at recording video.

I really do like this hardcore cover over the port. I know they say it's waterproof either way, but that absolutely stops everything from getting into it. Very nice indeed.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
the moonlight is 30lm again.
good light but not for me.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Video 4 is up)

I think with this level of beam, they could do with a 10 lumens, for longer runtime. But 30 is really good for average use, especially indoors. Not super high levels of runtime but I think they have at least 1 other light I saw which does have a low power LONG runtime. I just do not recall which one it was.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean, though the more complex the UI gets, the less easy it is for people. I was not overly a fan of the complicated 2 sets of modes in one of the lights I had from them one where it would be a general set of modes and another tactical mode. It was just overly convoluted. The fact that it remembers is still good. You can still achieve this. When I pull my TK20R V2.0 out, it is in turbo immediately.
It is true that some brands offering multi-mode flashlights designed UIs that are complicated to change.

That said, having more than one mode does require anything overly complicated - it can be achieved in many different simple ways.

Fenix lights allowed to do that by tightening or loosening the head but it could be done by tightening or loosening the tailcap, or pressing an electronic switch for 3 seconds.

Besides, light UI modes are not brightness levels: they are supposed to be changed only occasionally, if changed at all once you have set the light to your UI of choice.

Thanks for the videos by the way. Very useful!

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix Store say this light is out of stock. Has it been discontinued, replaced, or will Fenix get more stock of this light eventually.

I've seen a couple of places sell it at a significant markup from MSRP. Amazon had it from one seller I'm unfamiliar with but it was at MSRP.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I think with this level of beam, they could do with a 10 lumens, for longer runtime.
I'd like to have seen an Eco mode lower than 30lm. Not for longer runtime since 48 hours intermittently is plenty long for me. 30lm just looks brighter than I'd like for a low mode.

This is something of a holdover from spending time in foliage with little to no moonlight or starlight. Maybe 15lm or 20lm would be my wont but 30lm is probably acceptable.

A high-beam only button would be my preference in a "tactical" light but for ordinary day to day that Fenix has struck a good compromise.