Fenix TK28 TAC still not shipping.

fuyume

Enlightened
I had spoken to Fenix customer service during the Summer, and they said the TK28 TAC should be shipping by the end of the Summer, but it is still not available. It's basically the PD36 TAC with a bigger head, for better beam collimation (and thus longer "throw"), but the same emitter, battery, and operation method/modes. Maybe by Christmas?

PD36TAC-flashlight-compare.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have been waiting for the TK28 TAC as well. Fenix also told me that it would be ready by the end of the summer!

fuyume

Enlightened
I have seen a European retailer listing the TK28 as out of stock - might be a sign it's on the way!
That's good news. I unexpectedly got some extra work this month, and both my birthday and Christmas are coming next month, so I have been thinking, instead of spending the money on an extra battery for my PD36 TAC, I might just go whole hog and order a whole new flashlight that comes with the battery, if they go on sale for the holidays.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope it will be released by Christmas too. I think the TK28 and HM60R are the only two lights in the catalog that haven't been released yet.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone heard anything further about the TK28 TAC?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's in the 2022 catalog so I don't think it was canceled but it is definitely delayed.
No news about the release date but I'd expect it to be one of the first lights they release this year - whenever that may be....

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone! In case anyone else is still interested, Fenix just announced the TK22 TAC which is the TK28 TAC renamed and has slightly different specs. I'm really excited about it!