Fenix TK61

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Fenix TK61

DSC_7755.jpg

DSC_7756.jpg

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
Such a nice looking light. I would love to see a Ti bezel ring for it :) just for kicks.

Also, could someone post a photo with a TK75 battery extended attached. Since the knurling is different for the 61 and 75 it would be nice to see how the battery tube looks.

ven

Flashaholic
Out of interest here,can the body from the tk61 be removed off head,the body of the tk75 and extension fitted to the tk61 so all looks same,just a thought if own both,that way can all be in keeping............if that mattered to peeps of course:thumbsup:

Great pics guys:twothumbs

RemcoM

Enlightened

Hi kj2,

You compare the TK61, with the TK75 tonight/evening?

The TK61 must be point out much further i hope than the TK75, 92000 kcd, against 170000 kcd.

The high mode of 400 lumens is equally, or even more intense than the TK75, hotspot, and the turbo of 1000 lumens exceed it by far.

Check it out, and post your story tonight here at candlepowerforum. I am curious.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi kj2,

You compare the TK61, with the TK75 tonight/evening?

The TK61 must be point out much further i hope than the TK75, 92000 kcd, against 170000 kcd.

The high mode of 400 lumens is equally, or even more intense than the TK75, hotspot, and the turbo of 1000 lumens exceed it by far.

Check it out, and post your story tonight here at candlepowerforum. I am curious.

Will post my observation :)
But having both lights yourself, you could check it out ;)

Hot Brass

Enlightened
I have my TK61 send back, because the led is OFF center, and i want a flawless example.

Bummer! I had a Fenix TK41 that had the led off-center and that bugged me to no end and the hotspot was shaped like a football! Don't they have automatic precision machinery that can center the led perfectly,or do they do it "by eye"? HB

kj2

Flashaholic
Bummer! I had a Fenix TK41 that had the led off-center and that bugged me to no end and the hotspot was shaped like a football! Don't they have automatic precision machinery that can center the led perfectly,or do they do it "by eye"? HB
I wonder how a off-center led is possible in the TK61. The reflector sits against the white retainer-ring that holds the led. That way a off-center led wouldn't be possible, because if it is, the reflector wouldn't fit correctly in the head.
See photo from ernsanada #341

RemcoM

Enlightened
I wonder how a off-center led is possible in the TK61. The reflector sits against the white retainer-ring that holds the led. That way a off-center led wouldn't be possible, because if it is, the reflector wouldn't fit correctly in the head.

Test the TK61, and TK75, tonight, and compare them, inj throw, reach, and brightness against eachoter,

And if the TK61 reaches much further (170000)kcd, than the TK75 (92000)kcd, then i order it again.

Remco

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Just a quick FYI for you guys,

I have a TK61 listed in the MarketPlace that I picked up a week ago to compare to other lights. It is exactly as advertised by Fenix. It out-throws the TK75 (though less overall output), by a decent margin.

The Thrunite TN32 out-throws the TK61 by a small margin, and neither light comes close to the Olight SR95S-UT.

Last edited:

357mag1

Enlightened
Just a quick FYI for you guys,

I have a TK61 listed in the MarketPlace that I picked up a week ago to compare to other lights. It is exactly as advertised by Fenix. It out-throws the TK75 (though less overall output), by a decent margin.

The Thrunite TN32 out-throws the TK61 by a small margin, and neither light comes close to the Olight SR95-UT.

Is that the SR95-UT or the SR95S-UT? I have the SR95S-UT and it is quite a thrower using the SBT-70 LED. The SR95-UT uses the SBT-90 and only musters about 170K candela compared to 260K for the S version.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing cosmetically about the TK61 I wish was different was I wish it had a dark stainless steel bezel ring like the RC40 has. I know they probably were going for a color scheme to match the grey buttons, but I think it would have looked really cool with how big the reflector and head is. Meh, it still looks cool though I guess.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
How thick/tempered/coated is the glass on the TK61.

One reservation I have is that that lens is SO big compared to other lights I never even think about the lens on a light like my TK11 breaking ever because it's super small hard and protected. But somehow it seems much more likely that the lens on the TK61 could get damaged or cracked if it were dropped or hit. I know it's probably really sturdy especially with that stainless steel ring around the bezel.

ven

Flashaholic
The only thing cosmetically about the TK61 I wish was different was I wish it had a dark stainless steel bezel ring like the RC40 has. I know they probably were going for a color scheme to match the grey buttons, but I think it would have looked really cool with how big the reflector and head is. Meh, it still looks cool though I guess.

Could get a custom one made up if meant that much to you to have,or even spray yourself if wanted............cant see it being an issue if thats what you wanted:thumbsup:

RemcoM

Enlightened

And compared the Tk61 ans the TK75, kj2?

Are you there??

kj2

Flashaholic
Just compared the TK61 with the TK75 (gen 1). Situation: almost complete dark soccer field, two storage boxes at 130mtrs. TK75: lights up field 80mtr across and easily reaches the storage boxes. Both boxes are clearly visible. TK61: reaches very easily the storage boxes. Hotspot is brighter, which is visible with my eyes. Hotspot can only light-up one box. Between the corona and spill is a dark spot around 10mtr wide.

Antenna tower, 275mtr away. Both lights light-up the tower, but where the TK75 only shows the contours, the TK61 lights-up every single piece of metal.

As expected, the TK61 and TK75 are different lights to each other. TK61 as thrower, TK75 to illuminate a large area.

houser23

Enlightened
And compared the Tk61 ans the TK75, kj2?

Are you there??

I'm curious why you're so incessant about comparing two completely different lights? It's like me comparing my DEFT-X to a Coleman lantern.:D

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Doh!

i lost the "S". You are correct, i meant to say the SR95S-UT.

Is that the SR95-UT or the SR95S-UT? I have the SR95S-UT and it is quite a thrower using the SBT-70 LED. The SR95-UT uses the SBT-90 and only musters about 170K candela compared to 260K for the S version.