Fenix TK61

357mag1

Enlightened
Have your TK70 worked over by Vinh and it becomes a throw monster. It easily out throws my TN32 which out throws the TK61.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
Trade a battery tube?

I am interested in purchasing a runtime kit, but I would like to get the handle uniform.

Is anyone else here interested in getting one of these for t TK61? If so, we can order two and I will take both the tubes, and send you my TK61 tube so we each have two matching tubes. PM me if interested. :twothumbs

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking the same thing.
I already have the extended run kit for the tk75.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Trade a battery tube?

Of course I can :) -Charging up those 10.000mAh D-batts :D
Will let you know ASAP

Hope the TK61 is also much more intense than your TK70.

I just came back from comparing the TK61 vs TK70. As expected, the TK70 has a similar beam-pattern as the TK75. Only difference is that the TK70 has a slightly intenser hotspot, compared with the TK75.
At the other hand, the TK75 has more lumens than the TK70- so you've a better view as thing catch more light.

Intensity-wise the TK61 wins big time from the TK70. I can clearly see the TK61 hotspot when I point it, in the TK70 hotspot.

RemcoM

Enlightened

I just came back from comparing the TK61 vs TK70. As expected, the TK70 has a similar beam-pattern as the TK75. Only difference is that the TK70 has a slightly intenser hotspot, compared with the TK75.
At the other hand, the TK75 has more lumens than the TK70- so you've a better view as thing catch more light.

Intensity-wise the TK61 wins big time from the TK70. I can clearly see the TK61 hotspot when I point it, in the TK70 hotspot.

For a better comparison between the TK70 And TK61, is holding the lights side by side, and shining the 2 hotspots apart from each other side by side, or have you done that too?

How have you compared them?

Received my new TK61, after send my off center led back, but the new one is also, a very little off center, but much less, but with a painfull blinding hotspot, especially on turbo, when shining on the white wall in my livingroom.

Just compared with my TK75, and a halogen, and HID xenon car, with high beams (cars from friends of mine, and intensitywise, it blows both halogen, and HID xenon highbeams away. Lucky me, because this is my second light with the fenix RC40, that win,(RC40, and (easily) win TK61 from carhighbeams.

So, im happy now, that i have one serious thrower light., and 4 extreme thrower/floodlights. Fenix TK75 (2600) 2900) lumen. Fenix RC40 (3500) lumen, and the spotlight from Olight X6 marauder, that especially big time wins from carbeams/highbeams (a little) but clearly.

And i have a real lightsaber, when i point my TK61 in the air.

But the low mode is still bright, wish it has a ultra low mode of 1 lumen.

kj2

Flashaholic

For a better comparison between the TK70 And TK61, is holding the lights side by side, and shining the 2 hotspots apart from each other side by side, or have you done that too?

I did this comparison, like every other comparison I do. Side-by-side and switching from one light to the other.
I know how to compare lights!

weegidy

Newly Enlightened

Received my new TK61, after send my off center led back, but the new one is also, a very little off center, but much less, but with a painfull blinding hotspot.

I got mine today, too. The LED is also a little off center.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm confused too how the emitter could be off center. Doesn't the board the xm-l2 sits on fit snugly up against the opening of the reflector--flush with it? I have my E40 sitting here in front of me and it's the same way. The xp-e and green board it's on are on a separate orange (plastic?) piece that essentially makes sure the led is dead center. Centering is of utmost importance in a light like this where gaining tremendous throw is dependent upon the way the light reflects from the emitter off the reflector. Do want to see pics though. If I do end up getting one I'll go to Bright Guy in person and ask to see a copy before buying.

Different Topic: Are there currently any good ways to defuse the beam of the TK61? I know Olight had some custom diffusers for their lights and it would be great if Fenix did something similar. I guess I could try to make one, but are there any out there already for other lights that are even big enough to cover the TK61?

Oh and for those who already have a TK61 how is the tint quality of the cool white xm-l2? Is the tint better than the original xm-l? I guess it can be any light with an xm-l2 to answer that question :)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

I'm confused too how the emitter could be off center. Doesn't the board the xm-l2 sits on fit snugly up against the opening of the reflector--flush with it? I have my E40 sitting here in front of me and it's the same way. The xp-e and green board it's on are on a separate orange (plastic?) piece that essentially makes sure the led is dead center. Centering is of utmost importance in a light like this where gaining tremendous throw is dependent upon the way the light reflects from the emitter off the reflector. Do want to see pics though. If I do end up getting one I'll go to Bright Guy in person and ask to see a copy before buying.

Different Topic: Are there currently any good ways to defuse the beam of the TK61? I know Olight had some custom diffusers for their lights and it would be great if Fenix did something similar. I guess I could try to make one, but are there any out there already for other lights that are even big enough to cover the TK61?

Oh and for those who already have a TK61 how is the tint quality of the cool white xm-l2? Is the tint better than the original xm-l? I guess it can be any light with an xm-l2 to answer that question :)

I also wonder how the led could be off center in the TK61. The led in this lights, sits against a plastic cover, and that cover sits directly against the reflector.

My beam is white. Corona slightly green. Spill is purple. When turned-on outside, all I see is white.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened

I also wonder how the led could be off center in the TK61. The led in this lights, sits against a plastic cover, and that cover sits directly against the reflector.

My beam is white. Corona slightly green. Spill is purple. When turned-on outside, all I see is white.

It appears that the actual plastic centering ring is a little off. I will post some photos soon, and maybe you'll see it.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
Pics pics pics :D

Here's some photos I took in my dorm room. Not the best, but hopefully you can see enough detail.
Here's a link to the imgur gallery if you want the full resolution. (http://imgur.com/a/jlfLh) If you want to view the jpgs full scale remove the "h" from the end of the photo name before the .jpg
tktG1rfh.jpg

YcsFK3yh.jpg
s1wCCiPh.jpg
AI3wwvWh.jpg
GrHbqKth.jpg
sDjUJwkh.jpg
audFUkGh.jpg
QA1R0Cch.jpg

Boost mode^^^

Last edited:

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Looks clearer on "boost" to see that something is "off" and not centered. How does it affect the beam outside and at a distance? HB

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix TK61 looks like it slightly out throws my Olight SR90.

I fully charged both lights and went outside to check out the brightness of both lights. Shined the lights on various objects like trees and power line towers.

Left, Fenix TK61, Right, Olight SR90

DSC_7773.jpg

DSC_7774.jpg

kj75

Enlightened

Thanks kj2, great job!

RemcoM

Enlightened
My Fenix TK61 looks like it slightly out throws my Olight SR90.

I fully charged both lights and went outside to check out the brightness of both lights. Shined the lights on various objects like trees and power line towers.

DSC_7773.jpg

DSC_7774.jpg

The TK61 must big outthrow your SR90, because of 119000 kcd, against 170000 kcd, from the TK61.

I not understand, why it only slightly outthrows your TK61.

Even the TK75, can outthrow your SR90, i mean the new 2900 lumen TK75.

LowFlux

Enlightened
The TK61 must big outthrow your SR90, because of 119000 kcd, against 170000 kcd, from the TK61.

I not understand, why it only slightly outthrows your TK61.

Even the TK75, can outthrow your SR90, i mean the new 2900 lumen TK75.
A tri-emitter light with a shallow(er) reflector will not out-throw a deep reflector flashlight. The TK75 provides massive output but it is flood output and not throw. You seem to keep confusing massive output with brighter when in fact there are all sorts of different beam profiles based upon the reflector. Want something that will light up your entire back yard? Get a tri-emitter like the TK75. Want to try and spot something > 800 meters away? You need a deep throw reflector. There is no best of both worlds, you either sacrifice flood for throw or sacrifice throw for flood. That is why people who want all throw go with aspherics which have no spill at all, and people who want all flood cover their lenses with frosted film.

The TK70 cannot out throw the SR90. The TK75 does have more overall output, but it is using shallower reflectors so while you light up a larger area the beam profile isn't concentrated like the deep reflector flashlights.