Fenix TK75(3*U2 LEDs, 2600 lumens)

m_kluch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks buddy! I appreciate that!

Just finished editing part 1 of the full video review. I've included more beamshots, with better quality, out to 640 yards. Yeah, 640 yards on a powerline tower! Even I was surprised to see that. The others were at 200 yards on a powerline tower with really good comparison results....almost exactly what the eye was seeing.

I got to thinking about the performance to dollar value of the TK75 and can't really think of any other light that can better it at this time. It nearly throws as well as the SR90 but with a much nicer, wider, search beam.

I'm impressed that Fenix seems to have been listening to enthusiast and for bringing us a 4 x 18650 light. I respect the TK70 but would never personally own one. Too much goofball factor with length and batteries since I don't use D size for anything else. I think they should have designed that light as a side by side and given it a top carry handle. I always prefer the most compact formula I can get my hands on IF it will fulfill the role it's designed for. I'm going to call the TK75 the ultimate, LED, SAR light. At least it's the one that I would choose after witnessing what I've seen so far. :)

When will you have the review posted? I'm really interested in buying this light and would love to see your review. What other flashlights are you comparing the tk75 to?

weidmark

Newly Enlightened
Great video patriot. Can't wait to get mine. A friend of mine got the BTU shocker, so it will be interesting to compare the two.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Sorry if an answer to my question was posted earlier in this thread, might have missed it.
As this light can also functions with 2X18650's does this mean this light is a 8.4V light? Or are the two 18650's being used in parallel? Or can I ask like this: Is this light a 2S2P or 1S4P light?

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Yep, 2S2P
Thanks for confirming, I was not 100% sure. So while its is a 2S light then is it a bad idea to charge the 18650's while in the cradle with a hobby charger? I would think so as there are no balancing tabs like you get with RC lipo battery packs

Patriot

Flashaholic
Short form factor, 4x18650, better thrower but still decent spill, bigger head but better heatsinking (and no timer restriction on Max/Turbo? Can someone confirm this for the TK70?). Would you still pick the 75? I'm curious. It would be even better if someone had both to directly compare them 'cuz I'm seriously considering getting one or the other.

At this time though, IF the TK70 can handle Max/Turbo output better without a timer or potentially reaching damaging temperatures in constant Max output under the same ambient conditions as the 75, I would lean towards the 70 with 75 body adapter.

Max

In short, yes I would still pick the TK75.

I like lighter and smaller if the reliability factor is there. Is it there? I don't know yet but my guess is that Fenix did there homework.

I think the complaints of timed step down viewed as a major inconvenience are blown out of proportion. I'm probably not going to need a continuous 2600L so even in AZ, I don't think thermal concerns will be a big worry for me. I favor the lightness and pack-ability and will use the turbo, as a turbo mode.

Understandably, some will want to run turbo continuously so if it steps down, bump it back up to turbo. It's a 1 second inconvenience and a reminder to watch the thermal status of the light. The TK75 is a light on the go, it's a hiker's light, a SAR light, an explorer's pack light, a light that might be used on a belt with a lot of other equipment. I think the TK70 fits a different roll altogether no matter what battery pack is attached. Likewise, the BTU shocker is nearly twice the empty weight of the TK75. Something will always throw better or have better thermal characteristics but at what cost in the area of size and weight? Everyone has to choose their own sweet spot based on their own needs.

Dragon8oy

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Anyone know if the official runtime of 1 hours 15 minutes on 4 x 18650 is all on Turbo mode or after its stepped down to high?

Thanks

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,

I have just ordered a TK75 and would like to know exactly what 18650 batteries people are using in theirs. I have a few spare Redilast 2900 that are over a year old, but I am thinking that I should use 4 batteries from the same batch, or at least from the same order and I am thinking about ordering the 3100 or the 3400. I want to make sure these Redilasts will fit and work ok in the TK75.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!!

Now the wait begins!!!!!!
;)

solrpwr

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for confirming, I was not 100% sure. So while its is a 2S light then is it a bad idea to charge the 18650's while in the cradle with a hobby charger? I would think so as there are no balancing tabs like you get with RC lipo battery packs

I had the exact same question because I do that with my tk45 battery holder, but someone posted something from a Chinese forum about the battery holder and extensions that had 4 bullet points. The one of those points pointed out that it is 2s2p and talks about how the circuit board on the holder isn't prepared for external voltage or external charging, so I wouldn't risk it. I thought it be OK because the cells I'm using have protection, but I don't want to risk an expensive battery holder that probably isn't going to be in stock for awhile if I blow mine. You can get a good 18650 charger for around $25 so it's not a big deal.

I also have learned that the 18650 batteries shouldn't charge around 1C like the majority of the things you use your hobby charger on. It should be around 1C, so if you do rig something up keep that in mind.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really tempted by this one. Does anyone know the lux of the TK75?

stefaand

Newly Enlightened
hi,
I'm new in this forum.
I have a couple of flash lights...
But this one looks very nice..I would love to buy the Fenix TK75.
Does anyone know where the best place to buy is ?

regards,
stefaan

Discussions of/with dealers should be conducted in the Dealers Corner and the Manufacturers Corner of the MarketPlace. - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

solrpwr

Newly Enlightened
Im using 3100 Orbtronics in mine. They work great.
I'll be using 3400 Orbtronics when I finally get the light next week. Really curious to see how runtimes compare to the specs Fenix has given as all 18650's aren't created equally.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hi There,

I have just ordered a TK75 and would like to know exactly what 18650 batteries people are using in theirs. I have a few spare Redilast 2900 that are over a year old, but I am thinking that I should use 4 batteries from the same batch, or at least from the same order and I am thinking about ordering the 3100 or the 3400. I want to make sure these Redilasts will fit and work ok in the TK75.

I've been using 3100mah Redilast and 3400mah Eagletac.

kj2

Flashaholic
Just got back from the dealer. My "foggy" TK75 is probably going back to Fenix. Hope that my temporarily replacement don't fogs.

Last edited:

CyberCT

Enlightened
So the 3400mah Eagletac batteries do fit. That's good news, because I wanted to use the larger capacity 18650s now available. My primary intention of this light will be medium and high modes anyway, with the turbo for short needed bursts. If it's the same as the TK70, high mode will barely get warm, with @ 1,000 lumens output. Fantastic.