Fenix TK75 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

herosemblem

Enlightened
Kick, I know you already resolved your question, but when you asked if one could clean the "reflector", did you mean to ask if one could clean the lens​?

Kick

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I did. Was in a huge hurry and clearly not thinking correctly. I would like to know a safe way to clean the lens, as to not damage it.

herosemblem

Enlightened
I clean the lens with anything, really.
Now, cleaning the inside of the lens may be a different story because a) the head isn't really/easily removable, and b)there appears to be an anti-glare purple-green coating on the inside of the lens, in which case I wouldn't even bother touching it.
My TK75 does have dust on the inside of the lens, but it is more just an eyesore that I notice while oogling the light, rather than anything which affects actual performance of the light.

Kick

Newly Enlightened
I e-mailed Fenix about cleaning the lenses on all my Fenix lights. They responded that they use alcohol to clean the lenses. Of course, YMMV .

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I e-mailed Fenix about cleaning the lenses on all my Fenix lights. They responded that they use alcohol to clean the lenses. Of course, YMMV .

I would avoid using alcohol on any kind of lens, be it camera lens, glasses etc.
Lens usually have some sort of coating, I would avoid using alcohol. To get best results, use a clean microfibre cleaning cloth.
Awesome review, selfbuilt...as usual. Keep up the great work.

Risky

Newly Enlightened
I would avoid using alcohol on any kind of lens, be it camera lens, glasses etc.
Lens usually have some sort of coating, I would avoid using alcohol. To get best results, use a clean microfibre cleaning cloth.
Awesome review, selfbuilt...as usual. Keep up the great work.

I use Zeiss Lens wipes on my Fenix and Surefire lenses and they are fine.

jaylang

Newly Enlightened
great review, thanks for the help! New to CPF. i just ordered a tk75. it was cheaper then i have ever seen it before so i jumped on it. i have a few "old" 18650's that are NOT protected. can i use these while i wait for my new ARB-L2's to arrive? or is that a bad idea in this type of light. thanks.

kj2

Flashaholic
great review, thanks for the help! New to CPF. i just ordered a tk75. it was cheaper then i have ever seen it before so i jumped on it. i have a few "old" 18650's that are NOT protected. can i use these while i wait for my new ARB-L2's to arrive? or is that a bad idea in this type of light. thanks.

I know it will be hard, but best is to wait until those ARB-L2 batteries are in ;)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I know it will be hard, but best is to wait until those ARB-L2 batteries are in ;)
Yes, you especially want to use well-matched cells in these sorts of high-output lights (i.e., same brand, same capacity, same batch, similar number of cycles, etc.)

jaylang

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the help, also something i forgot, i have been looking around and cant find anything about a specific tint or temp on the light i have seen people saying its maybe around 5500k?. im more of a fan of the cooler temps. TY again!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is a nice cool white on all levels and does not suffer from fogging in cold temperatures. My only concern is the lack of electronic lock-out. I have forwarded my results to Fenix.

herosemblem

Enlightened
On high and turbo, mine is a nice white, but certainly not warm or warmish, or warm-tending. It is fine.

whatswrongwithmee

Newly Enlightened
Do the green Panasonic NCR18650 PCB ones fit in the battery carrier? They have issues fitting into some of my smaller lights due to their size.

Latest posts