Fenix TK75 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Anyone test this light as to waterpoofness and impact resistance? I know the box claims it can be submerged 2 meters for 30 meters and handle 1 m drop. Just curious if anyone accidentlally or intentionally got a chance to test those claims...

herosemblem

Enlightened
I dropped mine on asphalt from slightly less than waist height and it landed on the bezel. Works great. Only got a tiny ding on the bezel.

Capolini

Banned
It is a GREAT LIGHT!! I bought a battery kit[ now using Eight[8] 3400 Mah Panasonic cells and my "Turbo" run time went from 1Hr. 5 min. to 2 Hr. and 54 min.!! Besides the run time difference, It's beam intensity , throw and spill are very impressive!:)

Capolini

Banned
On medium my TK75 is more green. On high and turbo it's white. My first TK75 (that I've send back because of fogging-problems) was all white in every mode.

Hi,

By chance I happened to see your post! I also have a TK-75. It is 8 months old. I also noticed a few times[lately] after running it for an hour[all on turbo] that there was about a quarters size piece of condensation on the inside of the Lens? It goes away in about 30 minutes or so after it is off.

What causes that?

How bad was yours that you had to send it back? Did they repair it or give you a new one? How old was it when these symptoms started?

Your feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,,,,,,Roberto.."Capo di Capo" "Keep Lighting Up The Darkness"

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Would it be feasable to connect a hobby charger directly to the battery carrier?
+ and - seems strait forward, but can I "easliy" connect a mid cable between the 2 serial pairs?

kj2

Flashaholic
Would it be feasable to connect a hobby charger directly to the battery carrier?
+ and - seems strait forward, but can I "easliy" connect a mid cable between the 2 serial pairs?
I don't expect that to be safe. The carrier isn't made for charging.

tallboybass

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just picked up an XML version like Selfbuilt tests here. Amazing amount of light and the light is much smaller than it looks in pics. (I say that a lot) Of course I wanted the XML2 version but would the 300 lumen (~10%) difference even be perceptible? First impressions are that this is a great light with amazing throw and wide beam, just what I was looking for!

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened

harro

Enlightened
Hi, I just picked up an XML version like Selfbuilt tests here. Amazing amount of light and the light is much smaller than it looks in pics. (I say that a lot)
Of course I wanted the XML2 version but would the 300 lumen (~10%) difference even be perceptible?
First impressions are that this is a great light with amazing throw and wide beam, just what I was looking for!

You'd probably only see it on a light meter. 300 Lms at that output wold barely be noticible. There's very little difference between my 2900 TK75, and my Xtar S1 2350 ( ohh wait, maybe that's my old eyes ).

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
I tried ebay already. But of course searched for the TK75 Holster. Are you saying the holster I sent the link to is actually for the falshlight you sent a link for? Because the link you send shows the holster with an open bottom, the link i sent shows it being just for the TK75 and has a closed bottom???

kj2

Flashaholic
I tried ebay already. But of course searched for the TK75 Holster. Are you saying the holster I sent the link to is actually for the falshlight you sent a link for? Because the link you send shows the holster with an open bottom, the link i sent shows it being just for the TK75 and has a closed bottom???
The TK75 fits in the Thrunite TN31 holster. Just search for that holster.

Last edited:

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
Wonderful!!! That's the one I want. But....it's out of stock :( Ebay has them but all shipped from China....don't feel like waiting 6 months. Ill do a goodle search see what I come up with but glad to know that it fits. Still....the link I showed, shows it specifically for a TK75 and looks diff. But beggars can't be choosy.

Main reason I dont like the jetbeam one is the face is not covered so if walking through woods afraid the face will get scratched. Which bring me to another question? Just how durable is the face glass? I mean, will it scratch of say I am walking through the woods and drop it in a gravel bed or if sticks are scraping it?

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Today i received my TK75-L2,and I had ordered 4 18650 batteries for it as well. It turned out that one of the cells was dead. My question now is,can I run the TK75 on 3 batteries only without it takes damage of it? The manual say that one can run it on 2x18650 batteries in emergency.

Lightning Bub

Newly Enlightened
You can run it on two or four, since it is a 2s2p configuration. Just make sure the two you insert are next to each other but turned in opposite directions in the battery holder.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk