Fenix TK75 [3xXM-L U2, 4x18650] Review

herosemblem

Mine is greenish-blue with a tiny, tiny bit of creamy white.
Definitely not the "creamy white" that I associate with the 200 lumen Surefire 6PX or G2X. I still love my TK75, though :).

Capolini

Banned
no thermal step-down. that's WEAK. nitecore TM15 steps down only when too hot but otherwise keeps cranking out the lumens at full power if you could keep it cool. i could think of a million reasons why you'd want sustained MAX output. so please...

Relax!! It has a thermal step down[ that is the step down when its too hot! Which never happened with mine!] and also steps down from turbo in 20 minutes,just hit the button again to go back to turbo!

foxxkat

any advice where i could reliably procure good sets of 3100-3400 mah panasonic cells? the only online store i'm familiar with is amazon.. the others online stores i have no idea whether they're legit or not.
i have an existing ultrafire charger rated output:450mA 4.5v that i use to charge a protected 18650 2700mah. i presume this charger can be used to charge the cells you recommended above?

thanks in advance :)

foxxkat

thanks! took me awhile to find it here http://www.fasttech.com/product/1141104-panasonic-ncr18650b-protected-rechargeable-3400mah

i see another also with "ncr18650b" but didn't mentioned protected. how do i see from the description on the battery whether it's protected or not?

unprotected: http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...onic-ncr18650b-rechargeable-3400mah-37v-18650

Albert56

Anybody know of vendors that have the new XM-L2 version in stock? Even the Fenix Store is showing them as unavailable right now. I've been wanting to get a hold of a TK-75 but figured I'd wait for the upgraded version.

A.O.

Couple things... first, great review..I kind of did things a bit backwards, I bought the TK75 and then found you guys here to learn about and these new to me Li-ion batteries.I got my torch 2 days ago but the batteries and charger have not arrived yet, so it sits on my counter and teases me... maybe tomorrow!!

And to Albert56... the one I bought is the new 2900 lumen model.. Got it off fleabay $200 and just 2 days to my door.

Latest posts