Fenix TK75 Review including Extended Runtime Kits (2/4/6/8/10/12x18650 or 4/8xCR123)

daBear

Enlightened
The old incan's didn't really kick but they were a hoot to turn on in a crowd. I would take a 3D Mag conversion fame thrower and turn it on then tell the onlookers it was a new MagLite from WAL-Mart. Go get you one.

3liminate

Newly Enlightened
Excellent Review.
Thanks for your troubles - much appreciated :D
Over 2700 Lumens - WOW!

holylight

Enlightened
Fenix TK75 Review including Extended Runtime Kits (2/4/6/8/10/12x18650 or 4/8xC

Thanks for the review.

Capolini

Banned
I am sooooo excited :wave::wave::hitit:, I just had to post!! Forgive me. I am new and probably should have started a new post!! However, this is related to your review!!

I just ordered the NEW TK-75[TK75-L2BK]!!! The XM-L2 [U2]Cree LED supposedly will make it 300 lumens brighter, 27,500 extra candelas and 84 more meters of throw! I have the original and am confident that this will live up to the Fenix quality! Fenix outfitters just got them! I was there first order,should have it Monday or Tuesday,,I live in Suburban Philly,,,my Siberian Husky will love it!! lol

I can't stop!! I am a "Flashaholic" with Twelve [12] lights in only 7 months of collecting!!

I look forward to your review of it!!

Feedback is appreciated!! If anyone else gets one soon let me know how you rate it!

ciao,,,,Roberto,,"Capo di Capo":wave:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sooooo excited :wave::wave::hitit:, I just had to post!! Forgive me. I am new and probably should have started a new post!! However, this is related to your review!!

I just ordered the NEW TK-75[TK75-L2BK]!!! The XM-L2 [U2]Cree LED supposedly will make it 300 lumens brighter, 27,500 extra candelas and 84 more meters of throw! I have the original and am confident that this will live up to the Fenix quality! Fenix outfitters just got them! I was there first order,should have it Monday or Tuesday,,I live in Suburban Philly,,,my Siberian Husky will love it!! lol

I can't stop!! I am a "Flashaholic" with Twelve [12] lights in only 7 months of collecting!!

I look forward to your review of it!!

Feedback is appreciated!! If anyone else gets one soon let me know how you rate it!

ciao,,,,Roberto,,"Capo di Capo":wave:

Nice! The TK75 will truly sing with XM-L2s - good choice.

Capolini

Banned
Nice! The TK75 will truly sing with XM-L2s - good choice.

WOW!!!! I just saw all the reviews you have done!! That takes a lot of time, research and dedication! I was wondering, do you guys get any compensation for doing them? If not, where do you find the time??!! They are also very thorough.

ciao,,Roberto,"Capo di Capo" :clap: :D :twothumbs

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the new TK75 uses a XM-L2 U2 or XM-L2 T6.

Also does it now have a lock-out facility?

The weather in London is sunny with a cool breeze.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So would this work on my scooter?

Would this work well on my tricycle?

Is it brighter than my maglite?

Is this light brighter than my 100 - 5mm led light?

Is this light bright?

>>>>> LOL (joking... some of you may get what thread I'm referencing with this...) :ohgeez:

Capolini

Banned
So would this work on my scooter?

Would this work well on my tricycle?

Is it brighter than my maglite?

Is this light brighter than my 100 - 5mm led light?

Is this light bright?

>>>>> LOL (joking... some of you may get what thread I'm referencing with this...) :ohgeez:

Answers: NO, NO, YES, YES AND YES!!!! Please that gentleman was toooooooooo much to handle! lol,lol,,,,,,:mecry::laughing::shakehead

Last edited:

mmjsport

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a review like this for a while with the extra run time kits. Thanks a lot for taking your time and doing it right. :thumbsup:

jhovan

Newly Enlightened
What are your thoughts on using this light inside a backpack while running? Is the light built to withstand constant jarring? Or, do you think it would shorten the lifespan?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are your thoughts on using this light inside a backpack while running? Is the light built to withstand constant jarring? Or, do you think it would shorten the lifespan?

Used without the extensions, the TK75 is very solid. The one I have does not rattle at all when shaken, however if you bang it, it does have a bit of spring-ring and signs of the batteries moving about a bit.

This is part of the Fenix TK (Tank) range so should be up to quite a lot of knocking about. In fact it is often the batteries which suffer the most from any jarring rather than the light.

The TK75 does not have any real lockout (you have to unscrew the tailcap until it is almost off), so if it is bouncing about in a backpack, it might come on. If packed carefully it should be fine.

If you knock about any light its life will be shortened. This can be due primarily due to contacts or switches suffering wear (the LED should be unaffected).

What are you actual requirements for a light and how will you use it (apart from carrying it in a backpack)?

csfirearms

Newly Enlightened
Just a question on your review. I just bought the TK75 and the extra extensions and was wondering if it can run on low for over eight days, how long does it last with the two extensions added to it? Any info would be great. Thanks!!

CSF

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a question on your review. I just bought the TK75 and the extra extensions and was wondering if it can run on low for over eight days, how long does it last with the two extensions added to it? Any info would be great. Thanks!!

CSF

Li-ions, and in fact any cell, becomes less efficient as the current draw increases due to the internal resistance. The main gain in efficiency with the extension tubes is when there is a high current draw. Adding the first extension (2 battery carriers/8 cells in total) effectively halves the current draw from each cell and allows for each cell to work more comfortably and provide longer combined runtimes.

When the current draw is much lower (when using the low mode) there will be little gain in efficiency, so in this instance the total runtime will be much the same as a simple multiple of the runtime for a single set of cells. As specified by Fenix, the low runtime is 200 hours, so with one extension added you get 400 hours and with two added you should get 600 hours. Not the same gains as when running on Turbo, but a single light with extremely long runtime.

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF!

I just got my TK75 today and I took it for a little walk. After a few minutes I noticed a little condensation(?) on the inside of the lens, near the middle. Is this normal for anyone else out there? The temperature tonight was about 5 degrees celsius. I can provide pictures if this does not make sense.

The actual light was mindblowing and the distance it covered was amazing! The only other light I have to compare it to was the SRT7 and it easily blew it out of the water. Not a fair comparison, but it was all I had to work with.
The weight was minimal. I could easily walk the dog and hold the light without any discomfort.

Hopefully the lens fogging up is not a big issue, but I had to ask.

Thanks in advance!

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF!

I just got my TK75 today and I took it for a little walk. After a few minutes I noticed a little condensation(?) on the inside of the lens, near the middle. Is this normal for anyone else out there? The temperature tonight was about 5 degrees celsius. I can provide pictures if this does not make sense.

The actual light was mindblowing and the distance it covered was amazing! The only other light I have to compare it to was the SRT7 and it easily blew it out of the water. Not a fair comparison, but it was all I had to work with.
The weight was minimal. I could easily walk the dog and hold the light without any discomfort.

Hopefully the lens fogging up is not a big issue, but I had to ask.

Thanks in advance!

As pointed out by blah9, the fogging issue has been discussed in depth in another thread.

I'm glad you like it! Take a look here for information about the fogging issue: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...5-quot-Condensation-Fog-under-lens-again-quot. Some people have had success in getting rid of the fog.

I would add to this, that the TK75 has a large area of glass and a relatively large volume of space inside it to harbour humid air (and therefore the potential for fogging). You do need to take care not to introduce moisture into the light's body as it will get into the head.

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened
weather crap tonight in the uk, heavy rain.... seriously thinking of ordering this with two extender packs but cant justify the amount of money it is right now, just waiting for a custom/mod TN31 off Vinyh so cant really justify exense of this right now, unless I sell my kidney.. lol