Fenix TK76

importculture

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Good for Fenix for thinking outside the box!!! I like it!!!:devil:

Totally agree! It's not very pretty but I applaud fenix for having the fortitude to possibly put out a product that deviates from the norm. Once I know the features I'll be purchasing one. I hope it sells well enough to warrant and allow fenix to continue to explore different and original ideas. Personally I don't find it unappealing. bulky yes but far from hideous. If there are any fenix employees who want to take a "business" trip and come meet with me and share some ideas PM me. I have a few ideas that seem to parallel with the direction fenix is going. Plus it helps that they seem to be very open minded. Very very curious about the modes and features the tk76 will have. Hopefully it's release soon
l

B

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully there are no fog issues with the TK76:whistle:

Lomandor

Lomandor

Enlightened
We might see this light in the coming Transformers 4 movie! :)

I am not sure if Megatron him self will be present and carry the light since he was killed in the previous movie(unless they rebuilt him),but any of the other Decepticons may carry it instead.

That's if Megatron can even lift it..... :twak:

Lomandor

Lomandor

Enlightened
Good for Fenix for thinking outside the box!!! I like it!!!:devil:

I believe that the Box you are referring to has been incorporated into the design of the flashlight!! Lol :crackup:

Cataract

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa.... with those specs and those beamshots I want one!!!! Too bad Fenix is not all that much into neutral (and backlit buttons)

gopajti

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made gif animation (beamshots thanks to fonarik). Flood left + flood right + spot. I think TK76 will be awesome :)

2jabts8.gif

Last edited:
sbbsga

sbbsga

Enlightened
Wow, thanks gopajti and fonarik, the animation and beamshots are awesome!

Yes, TK76 will be very interesting indeed. Hopefully the specs will be released soon, I would like to see how many mode combination it can do, and if the head is actually lighter than it looks. :)

Last edited:
markr6

markr6

Flashaholic
I made fun of this ugly light many times, but the animated gif above simply shows how useful this thing can be! A true FLOOD & THROW and not just some marketing hype where you have throw with a tiny amount of hardly useable flood.

Cataract

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice animation! Not sure if it's just because the camera is on the right side of the light, but it looks like one side had broader flood than the other, which would make sense with 3 completely separate emitters and optics.

gopajti

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
First info said 1*XM-L2 U2, 2*XM-L T6 max. 2600 lumen, but now TK76 will use 3*XM-L2 and max output will be 2800 lumen. Source: Wikilight.

Last edited:
DenBarrettSAR

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Ugliest thing i seen since the Nissan Cube and AMC Pacer.

degarb

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks retarded!

Well, if you are a here to be sexy, aren't you on the wrong website?

To me all lights look alike in the dark.

Still, I can't get Boston's "more than a feeling" out of my head every time I see the light.

Lomandor

Lomandor

Enlightened
Well, if you are a here to be sexy, aren't you on the wrong website?

To me all lights look alike in the dark.

Still, I can't get Boston's "more than a feeling" out of my head every time I see the light.

I have to say from reading a lot of posts in this forum over the years, although quality of built, innovative functions and brightness are important, I believe the look of the light plays a major roll in the decision for purchase by the majority here in this forum, and probably more so than non flashahics.

Even right down to the finish itself. How many times do you hear people comment on the quality (or the lack of) finish, may it be the polish of metals or anodising, then you have different colour options. Or you can go to the custom & modified section in this form and some will have up to 4 or 5 options of metal with different cut and finishes, which are not all based on durability.

Although I can't speak for you (even though I find it hard to believe that the form has never even slightly entered your mind), to me it's clear, conscious or subconsciously the influence of beauty and craftsmanship is a major factor for the many, admit it or not.

We all see and want different quallities and interests in life, what's wrong with that! Obviously quality and inovation is important, but when function meets form, that is the cream! We are a design of nature to strive for perfection.

So, would it be fare to say your on the wrong forum for not taking into consideration the look of a flashlight?

Last edited:
firelord777

firelord777

Enlightened
Yeah, that's so true. I always take my old TA21 just because I love how it looks, even with all it's battle scars:)