Fenix TK76

firelord777

Enlightened
Review posted, I feel it's lacking something so if you guys would like to suggest something I'm wide open,

Cheers:)

TSellers

Newly Enlightened
Interesting to see that your carrier screws were also corroded. I also thought I detected that same tell-tale XM-L green behind your 130 degree optic. Perhaps you can remove the lens and see what is behind it?

This is the left LED, which has the floodiest beam out of all three LEDs, and seems to be equipped with a special optic which gives it a 120 degree spread.
The picture below that caption is the 60 degree optic I think.

The right LED is a neutral white XM-L2 T6 LED, which has a 60 degree spread through the use of an optic,
On my sample, the 130 degree optic had the T6 behind it, maybe they sent out different samples to reviewers?

but from what I can tell, there are XM-L2s on my sample.
Sorry, I had not got to that part yet. So on your sample you were able to ascertain that the emitter behind the crenulated 130 degree optic was XM-L2 after all? Again, in your macro pic of that optic, it sure looks like it's XM-L to me.

Nice christmas tree BTW, and thanks for posting the review.

firelord777

Enlightened
Interesting to see that your carrier screws were also corroded. I also thought I detected that same tell-tale XM-L green behind your 130 degree optic. Perhaps you can remove the lens and see what is behind it?

The picture below that caption is the 60 degree optic I think.

On my sample, the 130 degree optic had the T6 behind it, maybe they sent out different samples to reviewers?

Sorry, I had not got to that part yet. So on your sample you were able to ascertain that the emitter behind the crenulated 130 degree optic was XM-L2 after all? Again, in your macro pic of that optic, it sure looks like it's XM-L to me.

Nice christmas tree BTW, and thanks for posting the review.

Hey man,

Thanks! Would you mind if you sent me a link you your review as well?

I took a closer look after what you said. I saw that in the 120 degree, and the spotlight, it has the XM-L2. But in the 60 degree one, I did see the green background, and until I disassemble it, I assume it is an XM-L neutral white. Thanks for making me spot this.

Cheers,

-Alain

TSellers

Newly Enlightened
Will look forward to your results when you get a chance to check it out.

BTW, are you getting the references to those optics backwards perhaps? The clear optic on the driver's left of the light (when you are pointing the light and it is facing away from you) should be the 60 degree beam, and the stipled optic on the driver's right should be the 130 degree beam. The XM-L T6 should be behind the 130 degree optic I believe.

The review link should be earlier in the thread, if it has been removed I can PM it off to you.

Thanks again.

firelord777

Enlightened
Mmm, that's strange, maybe mine was assembled wrong? The neutral XM-L is on the right, the one with the stippled optic as you say. The XM-L2 is in the clear one, on the left. I'll check their website right now and see what happens...

firelord777

Enlightened
I took a look at their website and noticed that in their pictures, they say the 60 degrees neutral white has an XM-L2, but when I zoom in, I see there is some green coming from the LED too. Maybe they took pictures of our samples haha:D

TSellers

Newly Enlightened
Mmm, that's strange, maybe mine was assembled wrong? The neutral XM-L is on the right, the one with the stippled optic as you say. The XM-L2 is in the clear one, on the left. I'll check their website right now and see what happens...

That's correct. The neutral white XM-L T6 is behind the stipled optic on the driver's right. The XM-L2 U2 emitter is behind the 60 degree clear optic on the driver's left.

BTW, it is very easy to remove and replace those optics without compromise to replacing the O-Rings.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 60 degree is supposed to be the neutral (on the left when looking into the business end) and the 120 degree optics is the stippled one. I don't know where you guys are looking, but I just checked on fenixlights.com

TSellers

Newly Enlightened
That's correct, I'm the one that has confused the issue, my apologies for leading everyone on the Goose Chase!

The only thing I did get right was where the XM-L T6 was on mine, and I suspect on the other's as well. It's behind the stippled one on the left:

1040407x.jpg

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
Awesome light! I want one, but since I have a TK75 Gen 1 already... :banghead:. Hard to justify another light for $300.:broke:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome light! I want one, but since I have a TK75 Gen 1 already... :banghead:. Hard to justify another light for $300.:broke:

I know the feeling of missing out, but there's always the next one to come. Rebuild your budget, skip one step and get the next gen... I missed out on the TK75 and a whole bunch of lights and still am happy with my collection. Even though my TK70 is real bulky, it runs on D's and can act as one hell of a war hammer. The TK76 is just a drop-proof cudgel in comparison when you ignore the one reason we get more lights (the beamshots/Emitter Color/interface part.) I know ignoring what is the future is torture when you have a piece of it in your face, but spending close to 1K$ a years on lights did teach me one important lesson: patience brings good rewards...

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
I know the feeling of missing out, but there's always the next one to come. Rebuild your budget, skip one step and get the next gen... I missed out on the TK75 and a whole bunch of lights and still am happy with my collection. Even though my TK70 is real bulky, it runs on D's and can act as one hell of a war hammer. The TK76 is just a drop-proof cudgel in comparison when you ignore the one reason we get more lights (the beamshots/Emitter Color/interface part.) I know ignoring what is the future is torture when you have a piece of it in your face, but spending close to 1K$ a years on lights did teach me one important lesson: patience brings good rewards...

Yeah, your right. I'm thinking maybe I should just wait for the next gen LED emitter altogether. I still remember when I brought my first LED light the Ultrafire WF-606A that uses a XR-E emitter to put out about 100 lumen with 2xAA. Then suddenly a few years later, Fenix release the TK40 with a MC-E with 600+ lumen. I didn't have the budget to get the light back then. So I ended up buying the TK41 with 860 lumen last year. I can't believe the jump in lumen. Needless to say, I was really happy. I just need to stay patience lol.

Elmie

Enlightened
I really like the functionality of this light, but already have the TK75. Anyone here have both the TK75 and TK76? Is it worth getting the TK76?