Fenix Warranty Service

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I sent my Fenix TK75 to their warranty repair in NY. After a month, I asked them when I could expect it back. They responded, "We had to send it to China for further repair." I think that's ridiculous. I probably won't see the light for months. Does that sound normal?

Yes, it's normal so...:popcorn:Welcome to the waiting lounge!!!

I purchased from one of the flashlight forums a almos brand new, Fenix PD35 complete with box, papers and all accessories but with a broken lens, the price I paid was ridiculous, only $35 including shipping. The light still within the warranty service period and after sending it to Fenix Warranty in Amityville, NY I received the exact same response: "We have to send it to China for further repair and the turnaround time for a repair is usually 3-6 weeks"

Update: Called today 4/21 and I was informed that my PD35 will be mailed to me by the end of April or first week of May so looks like it takes more than six week only because I'm in the west coast. I guess I have to pop some more corn and continue waiting a little bit longer. A year ago I sent my Led Lenser M7R for repairs and the turnaround time was less than a week (5 days), oh well, what else can I say:rolleyes:......Anyhow, Fenix are great flashlights and for what I paid for the PD35 I really don't mind the long waiting, I have others.

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
Thank God, I haven't had any issues with my lights so far... but I purchased a Preon and an Olight i3s on 24/26th March and they haven't arrived yet....... soooo... I guess waiting is quite normal....... uggghh..

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
After complaining to the main Fenix place in China, I received a reply. They said the distributor doesn't just ship my flashlight, they wait until they have several defective lights to ship to save shipping costs. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I've never heard of a company that doesn't have warranty centers in the U.S.
WF?! Are their lights that bad? Defective lights needs to be shipped in BATCHES?! That can't possibly be good PR.

Does any manufacture/dealer offer a straight swap sort of arrangement? It's not the consumer's fault that their light is rubbish...

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
WF?! Are their lights that bad? Defective lights needs to be shipped in BATCHES?! That can't possibly be good PR.

Does any manufacture/dealer offer a straight swap sort of arrangement? It's not the consumer's fault that their light is rubbish...

Guys who spend a fortune on lights lose control over the grey matter.You read these stories time and time again and they listen to any old pony poo the maker gives them and others try and fix there own lights even though they have a proper warranty.First thing you do is find out your legal rights,every 1st world country will have a trading standards act to follow.

It is dead easy to stitch people up with the old way of wearing them down,you make it hard for them and the joe publics just give up and that is exactly what they want you to do.For example they say have a 1000 faulty lights they may refund 10% of the faults because Joe Public has become Joe Mug and lets them get away with it.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I hear stories of nitecore/fenix/eagletac/armytek to name some with issues, i have been lucky(holding a plank of wood) .

If for any reason i had an issue,how it was handled and being not a good bearer of incompetence, it would be the last time ever i would buy that brand.......simple as that.

So once bitten,for ever shy if a large amount spent.Sending a light off and months wait is not an option i would put up with.I would do it not to loose out though,but never again!!!

So many lights knocked out,its unavoidable the odd faulty light will get out but with good QC this should be dramatically reduced..........

The war on lumens,cheap copies,competition from similar brands makes it a war of the lights i guess,you loose,your out..........so imho it should be even more important that companies have a back up for issues.USA must be one of the largest countries for buying lights,so surely it would make sense for large brands to have some kind of set up where it could be sent off and dealt with.The the X brand sends out a new light after evaluating it,then its their problem shipping to china or repairing local.

Thats my thoughts,after all good customer care wins.

But i cant call/knock any so far apart from poor communication with klarus who has now put me in touch with a Klarus USA and await a response about a 50 cent clip that broke..........1st impressions last,would i invest $200 in their lights,right now NO CHANCE!!!!! Over a month,first month no response:shakehead now passed pillar to post=not impressed!