Film on E1e reflector (how do I unscrew bezel?)

Bryan

Enlightened
highorder said:
acetone, MEK, or 1,1,1,TCE will all soften the threadlocker in the E series bezel. I usually use acetone.

Will that fade the finish if I spill a little on the outside of the bezel? I don't see how I would be able to prevent that.

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
Just to make it clear.
DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING!!!
You WILL damage the reflector coating!
It can vary from nearly invisible scratches to big but you will get them.
warm soapwater is probably the best way if you have to do it.
After that you can pour some "clean" water to wash away any salt and other minerals that would otherwise show up where the droplets where.

Chawarito

Newly Enlightened
Hey, i have had the same problem with my E2e about three months ago, surefire instructed me to roll the entire Bezel around in Rubbing Alcohol and dry it before using it again. They did claim that it was a moisture problem, though i dont know if i believe that. It did seem to take away some of the problem, though, much of it still came back after the bezel got hot. I tried useing a Q-tip to swab the inside with alcohol and tried rolling it around in the alcohol again. It seemed to work this time. Hopefully it wont come back again. the guys at surefire says that it would be alright though they don't recommend it if you don't have to go as far as to swabing it.

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't know it was so hard to unscrew the front bezel. So many members seem to add the E2D attack bezel to their normal E-series heads, I thought it was easier.

I'm interested to know also if the nail polish remover will damage anything such as the exterior finish, etc.

dw51

Enlightened
I believe most people just replace the whole head with the E2D head. Maybe I'm wrong.