Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

Will you still be around here chilling from time to time?

Let see what I have from foursevens... Quark 2AA tact, Quark 2AA, Quark cr123 body, AA body, 18650 body, 2 mini AAs, just ordered mini m2a...

What I regret was not getting the adapter for converting the lights to a headlamp... darn!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumen bomb was ready to go - waiting on a military contract to make it happen. Unfortunately like everything else everyone has an opinion but nobody wants to slap down a contract so we went through like more than 7 iterations of prototypes which burned up our R&d budget. What broke the camels back was when they said they wanted the ball to break windows, be waterproof and be make of metal with carbide inserts. :/ Beam you should make it to shot this year. It'll likely be my last. Do it!

Break windows, made of metal, carbide inserts. :thinking: It almost sounds like the pointy heads at the DoD wanted you to make a 10k lumen Mini daisy cutter................:huh::tinfoil:

Sorry you spent your R&D budget trying to appease Uncle Sam. :shakehead

I might try and finally make it to a Shot.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing to see here, lol after all this time and no info with USPS it now shows at my local distribution center.......pre-shipment to at local distribution center with nothing in between. :p Hopefully both get here by my B-day. :whistle:

If David happens to see this, is there an issue with orders shipping? One I placed on the 13th has never made it to USPS, still in "pre-shipment". I wonder if the power outage at ATL has something to do with it?

EDIT: The last order on the 15th has entered the system, ??????? But not the one on the 13th???

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I hate the mail. Hope it comes to yea in time brother. I have a bunch in the system myself. Looking forward to the SS mini I ordered.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
This shouldn't end with us hawking for lights in the mail. Yea I am hawking as well. LOL! Maybe a 4/7s story. I got a few of them. One involves a Mini NW XP-E and a Timber rattler, another a QPLC and miles in the woods with a dead headlamp but here is one involving someone else. I have a friend who is in the Canadian military. He does instruction for cold weather classes among other things. He comes down to the Dacks for a group camp out out most every year. Pulk sled in so we can have things like snow shovels and multiple shelters etc etc. I think this was the year.

PShf6Mq.jpg

So is was wild cold. Crystal clear polar air mass radiational cooling cold. You could feel the ambient energy just being sucked out of the woods. It's like a fire in reverse. So we decided to leave the warm tipis for a night hike. Not sure why. Then again why not I guess. Just a few miles however the bottom fell out about an hour in. Yea don't move fast in the snow. Must of dropped from 0F to -25F. Much to my surprise the flashlight he had was a 4SEVENS Quark 123 (2). I asked why as it was unexpected. Didn't know the brand was known up north. Silly me I guess. He said the light was great in the cold, lightweight and reliable. He was right.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I got some Knights in like 4 days.

Gave one to a coworker who still can't believe how bright that little sucker is... how small it is for that matter...
And the poor guy setting next to him in a truck 2 feet away while he learned the settings couldn't believe he saw spots the rest of the day. :devil:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Sorry to hear of your company closing, I really love your lights, and have carried my MiNi Titanium CR2 since I bought it in whatever year they came out, in fact I have all the MiNi lights in titanium, plus spares of some in the safe.

Rest assured you made a great number of people happy around the world with your lights in people's pockets, display cases, shelves, cars, bags and briefcases. That is not easy to do, to say the least.

Whether your lights are in use like mine or on display in a collection, they will not soon be forgotten, they will live on for quite some time and will be regarded as classics. And, no matter what happened to make you shut down, no one can take that fact away from you, that you created flashlights in a very competitive industry which will remain classics to the generations of enthusiasts, and collectors, still to come.

Thanks for for what you did for the true flashlight enthusiast, and professionals alike who will continue to use your lights now, and into the future.

Wishing you the best luck in all your future endeavors, whatever they may hold.

With warm regards,

sincerely,

RedLed

Last edited:

Esko

Enlightened
We no longer have resources to take phone calls - they are going to voicemail.

This was some sad news, especially when considering the history of Foursevens in this forum. And since you don't have resources any more, I guess it means that only the brand was sold. Not the company. It makes the news even sadder. A lot sadder, I guess.

Foursevens is my most bought manufacturer, too. With a significant gap to the second one. And pretty much the only brand from which I have duplicates (or more) of single model. However, David's visions have been rather different to my preferences for some years already and most of my lights are Atoms and (old) Preons. There were a few models I would have bought from the sale if I saw it in time but once I saw it, those lights were gone. Copper Preons and Mini Aas would have been wanted. Unfortunately, Foursevens forum has been rather silent and I stopped visiting it regularly some time ago. I had especially been looking forward to seeing David's posts but they had been rare for quite a long time already.

Sorry to hear about the military thing, too. My employer has also tried to get a military deal for some 3 years now with a dedicated product and it has had an effect on everything else, too. A touch, expensive and slowly progressing job.

I wish good luck to the new owner. I still wish that I got it wrong and the new owner continues with your old staff and facilities (staff at least). What is perhaps even more important, I also strongly wish that the new owner continues at Candlepowerforums. It will be extremely sad if Foursevens subforum is closed and removed like e.g. Thrunite forum, with all the information from the past few years in it.

Good luck with future endeavors David. I hope we can still see you as an active member in this forum.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I bought my first Four Sevens light, I was hooked...
such an intuitive Ti, able to handle any conditions I threw at it from Alaska to Mexico. My Titanium P2 with High CRI led was with me on almost every air ambulance flight I made. Like Redled I too have spares of my favorites-perhaps someone else may have a brighter light or boast a longer runtime under a certain condition, but for me, the whole package was exactly what I needed. And youTruly set the standard for customer service. The biggest mistake ever made on my account(ok, there was only one), during the buy one, get one free sale, I bought a Titanium Paladin...when tracking info came, there were two numbers(ok, I wondered, did they ship them separately?)...lo and behold 4 lights showed up! I would have loved to kept them all, except that Four Sevens had always been so good to me..all the time...(I remember TJ hunting and tracking down a reflector that was no longer made)...so I sent the duplicate order back. There was never a time that I contacted Four Sevens that they did not give 150% to make sure everything was excellent. There are plenty of other companies out there that make good lights. None impress me or bring about the feeling of satisfaction that Four Sevens did. And while I love that I added another 19 or 20 lights in the last two months, it is a very hollow victory. David, you are a true gentleman, a visionary and you will be missed. My hope is that in your next endeavor, whatever it is, that I may be so fortunate as to cross paths with you again.
My collection:
https://i.imgur.com/cUavJmk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BmEauGi.jpg

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Happy New Years everybody.

Yes, it is 2018 and the suspense is killing us. So, who is the new owner of Foursevens?

Or when is the official launch of the new Foursevens?

Zot

Enlightened
David / 4sevens,
Will you please help me?
I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full. I have a problem with my last 4sevens order and unfortunately it has not been resolved.
Thanks.