• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FINISHED (after shipping) Min-T CNC Bike Light

dom

Enlightened
Re: Taking Orders/Payment : min-T CNC Bike Light

Hi Ktronik
Hope you haven't sent anything yet as i'm all busted up from bike vs car crash.2 broken legs.I'll have to send it back if so.No balls for anyone for awhile either.
These will have to go out as is -any other prob -please PM me.

Hi Matt -how far ahead do you need to see? I think Cutter should have something out soon for the Cree

Cheers
Dom

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Ktronik
Hope you haven't sent anything yet as i'm all busted up from bike vs car crash.2 broken legs.I'll have to send it back if so.No balls for anyone for awhile either.

Hi Matt -how far ahead do you need to see? I think Cutter should have something out soon for the Cree

Cheers
Dom

Dom,

Wow, how can you possibly sign off with "Cheers" after something that disastrous? You're a better man than me, for sure; I'd be crying and moaning for weeks, if not months.

Wishing you the quickest of recoveries and first things first--the lights can wait.

white light

Enlightened

Hey Dom I'm with PhotonFanatic on this,Take care of yourself first.The lights can wait.Your Health is way more important.About 2 years ago I was faced with a crash with a car,the lady went to pass on the wrong side of the road did not see me and I bailed off my $4000.00 Cannondale:drool:in the nick of time.It was only 3 weeks old(destroyed):mecry:.needless to say I was lucky and walked away with only a bunch of cuts and bumps.No more evening road riding for me.I'll stick to the single track night riding only.I'll take a change with the monsters in the woods than a 2 ton car at 60 mph:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:.Take care:grin2:

dom

Enlightened

Thanks for the well wishes guys-i needed a break anyway -though this type wasn't planned.
Will only affect any future lights and upgrades for this lot -timewise.

Looks like busted left femur and right ankle -i hear the guys car was a mess.

Cheers
Dom

ktronik

Enlightened

OOhh Man, thats full on... :eek::eek::eek:

err, I just got back from the PO, just sent a big box of lights to your home address... I take it you are still in the hospital?? Will thier be someone @ your home to collect them??

Today I came straight home, then posted them, with out reading this last post... sorry everyone & very sorry to hear about your acco Dom... thats the last thing anyone needs to have happen to them... its a real life changer.

:crazy::sick::sigh:

K

PS Dom: use my gmail, as my other computer is down...

Last edited:

mattp94

Newly Enlightened

Dom, So sorry to hear about the accident hope you're not too uncomfortable and that you have a full and speedy recovery. On a positive note, what a great excuse to get out of doing that Christmas shopping.

More importantly though, how's the bike?;)

SurfHenk

Newly Enlightened

Dom,

Just in case you are not (easily) able to read your email, I wanted to wish you a good recovery trough this forum as well!!
Hopefully the fractures are not too bad and will heal quickly, enabling you to bike again in a few weeks..

take care!

RGB_LED

Enlightened

Hi Ktronik

Cheers
Dom
Hey Dom, I hope you're doing ok. I'm with everyone on this one; work on your recovery and take the time to chill and take care of yourself. Wow, I hope the driver is nailed for that one...

chellyc

Enlightened

Hi Dom, :wave:

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a speedy recuperation. Please take care of yourself.

Chelly

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened

:eek: OMG .... jeez Dom i`m pleased your ok apart from the busted leg etc .....
................ take it easy an dont worry about lights mate
did you have a MinT on? ......serious abuse test for sure :)

dom

Enlightened

Thanks again for the good wishes:)
Guy did a "U" turn in front of me - i was doing about 45kmh on electric bike i had made -he didn't slow or look before turning,so:poof:.

Bike is demolished from what i hear -would have been a good test for the min-T -but i had a dynamo "tri-lux piston" light on there -yet to see what the damage is.
The next dynamo light will hopefully have lots more LEDs than 3 -using Martins circuit board he has just finished.

I asked my boss (who i rang on the scene to pick up broken bits) if he got some pics of the car and bike -but unfortunately he didn't.I had my cam but wasn't moving or thinking very much at the time either. hehe.

The lights Ktronik sent me back just need a bit of a buff before sending out -hopefully the orthopedic people will set up some ramps at home so i might be able to do these if i get out of hospital next week.

Will be off my feet for at least 6 weeks they say -but should be able to get around on a chair ok.

Cheers
Dom

ktronik

Enlightened

Hey,

Lights got to dom... dom will send them back to me without the new ball joints.

I will post them out after a quick buff & check over.

you guys are my top priority & I will do my very best to ship them all out ASAP.

Again, sorry that the building took so long, I have been working on them every spare moment I have had.

Its one thing doing it for yourself by hand, its another trying it make it look 'PRO' built by hand for someone else. We are so use to looking @ the work machines put out, molded cables ect. Everything prefect looking, by hand, was more of a 'ask' than I thought...

As this is my first full build run, (of min-T) thier was a small learning curve...

I found that having two different cables when NOT using the remote, looked untidy & not wiring a remote output for the people that were not ordering one ment that it could not be added in the future... In the end I wired the rear cableing a little different than in the pic... this solved many problems I never thought about before...

so now all lights have one slightly longer lead coming out the back, the power lead. the remote lead is now just a plug on the side of the power cable. All units are wired like this so if you did not order a remote to can do so later. Longer so the cable reaches the bar, looking much tidier & easier to run the cableing as now the remote lead just follows the bar across, or if not used a small bit of tape can be used to cover, so you won't have a remote lead flapping around...

I feel that it is a step in the right direction...I hope others feel the same when they get thier new light...

these are still protos & by no means the final product, with your help, we hope the next run can be better again.

I am very happy to fix any lights with build problems, no charge, even if you crash & its totally your fault... for any driver problems please have a chat to Darell.

I have spent so long on these builds that my wife has got the sh*ts a bit... I guess I will have to fix the house or something when I am done... :eek:

Best

Kerry

Darell

Flashaholic

the 10° optic still gives a very wide spread of light. This is great for lighting up overhanging tree branches and such but I could also do with more of a spot.
Wow! This amazes me... you want something tighter than 10° for trail riding? Sound like 10 will be just the ticket for me then, since I already tend to like a bit more spill than some others. Thanks for the mini-review.

Darell

Flashaholic

Looks like busted left femur and right ankle -i hear the guys car was a mess.
Dom

Oh, CRAP! Here I've been emailing you, wondering why no response! I've only just recently gotten my subscribed threads turned back on after my domain was moved... and I read this! :(

Agh! I feel terrible. Whatever you do, do NOT feel compelled to do anything fast on my part. I can't speak for others, but there is simply no rush for anything on my end. Aw hell. I probably shouldn't bring it up... but I will. We just had a VERY long-time bike commuter killed by a car here two weeks ago. I'm so glad to hear that you will (eventually!) be mended.

Darell

Flashaholic

Again, sorry that the building took so long, I have been working on them every spare moment I have had.
Heck, I think that both you guys have done a stellar job. It isn't like this is anybody's *primary* job or anything! Hats off to both of you. I've now seen one of the pre-"production" units, and I'm just floored with the quality of the parts. I can only imagine that Kerry will do them proud with the assembly. :)

I am very happy to fix any lights with build problems, no charge, even if you crash & its totally your fault... for any driver problems please have a chat to Darell.

Heh.

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened

The story behind these lights will be a god one to tell in the future! It's no rush for me either. It's no biking up here for 6months or so anyway.
I hope you get a fast recovery Dom!
Get well!
/Gunnar

RGB_LED

Enlightened

KTronik, I have to give you all props for doing this... I was perfectly happy with what I saw in the pics so anything above and beyond is just gravy. :twothumbs

In fact, you guys have all gone above and beyond. I especially have to thank Dom again for all his efforts, especially with the email exchanges, questions, clarifications, etc. that I had with him... I think the e-mail thread is about 20 pgs long! :bow: Take care of yourself and here's to your speedy recovery!

I will definitely be looking forward to receiving the light and, if the snow would stop falling here, I will take out the min-T for a spin and give you guys my feedback, pros / cons, likes, dislikes, overall impressions & hopefully, even beamshots (once my new digi cam arrives at xmas).

ktronik

Enlightened

SENT LIST:

Chelly
Gunnar

All other lights are done & @ the buffers getting a final polish.

thanks for waiting

Best

Ktronik

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened

Tjohoo! Santa is coming AGAIN :party: