FIRE-FOXES FF5 XENON HID 10000lm 2000m Thrower Searchlight Flashlight

freeme

Vendor
FIRE-FOXES FF5 XENON HID 10000lm 2000m Thrower Searchlight Flashlight

hPH4wTW.jpg

HUxcQJ6.jpg

Details: https://www.1thedeals.com/product/f...10000lm-2000m-thrower-searchlight-flashlight/

Get from here:
https://1thedeals.com/link/3/fire-foxes-FF5

Accessories have been added now.

Get from here: https://www.1thedeals.com/link/3/firefoxes-FF_accessories
Coupon: NDNA (will work on both FF5 and accessories.)

Specifications:

Product name: Fire-Foxes FF5 100w 10000LM HID Flashlight
Brand: Fire-Foxes
Model: FF5
Startup time: 5 seconds
Color temperature: 4300K,6000K
Material: 6061 aluminum
Output power: High:100w / Low: 42w
Waterproof: IPX7,IP67
Switch Location: Tail and side switch
Distance 2000m
Reflector: SMO
Battery: 4x18650 unprotected batteries(Not Included)
Weight: 750g (battery not included)
Size: 200 mm (length) x 49 mm(tube) x95 mm(head)

Last edited:

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
I'm assuming the 6500k bulb is a tinted bulb and thus would have slightly less output?

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
Is the product pic the 4300k version or the 6500k version? HID bulbs naturally run in the 4000k to 4500k range due to the composition of the elements used in the bulb. Almost all HID bulbs that are advertised as having a higher color temp is because the bulb is tinted blue to artificially give it a cooler color but will reduce output. Unless if something else is happening that I'm not aware of that gives us the two different color temp options.

I'm not trying to discredit the product or anything. I'm already contemplating on getting one. I just wanted clarification.

Hmm, it doesn't look tinted from the product pic.
1thedeals.com-1000sq-product9-fire-foxes-FF5_03.jpg

BVH

Supporter
Few if any HID lamps are actually tinted blue. They burn from 3000K to 10,000K and higher temps based on the composition of gasses and metal salts used in filling the lamp.

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
I guess I was going by my knowledge of automotive HIDs. It still would be nice to know how the difference in color temps are achieved in this application.

Few if any HID lamps are actually tinted blue. They burn from 3000K to 10,000K and higher temps based on the composition of gasses and metal salts used in filling the lamp.

BVH

Supporter
I guess I was going by my knowledge of automotive HIDs. It still would be nice to know how the difference in color temps are achieved in this application.

IIRC, the two color temps are listed in association with the two different power levels. On low it will burn at one and on high, being very overdriven, it will burn at the other color temp. I do not exactly remember which is which. Xeray always corrects me so it must be contrary to what I would think it would do. If, in fact, they are offering two color temp choices, then forget what I just said in this case. But being overdriven will affect color temp in any HID lamp.

So a given lamp will burn at the color temp the mfg specifies at the power level the mfg designs into the light based on the gases composition. If you overdrive that same lamp, it's burn color will change due to the higher power level effect on the gas composition.

Whereas, they can manufacture lamp such-n-such and fill it to burn at 4300 or fill it differently to burn at 5500 or fill it differently to burn at 6500 or any color they want based on gas composition. I believe fill pressure may also have a bearing on color temp. Or it may just affect Volts/Amps at the lamp.

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
Thanks for the lesson. Like I mentioned before, my only experience with HID is in the automotive world and all stock HID bulbs are rated around the 4300k temp and nearly all higher temp bulbs were tinted blue. I guess it’s easier and cheaper to tint an bulb than it is to change up the chemistry.

Not to mention that Neals Gadgets gives an option to choose the color temp when you order the light. That just added to my confusion.

IIRC, the two color temps are listed in association with the two different power levels. On low it will burn at one and on high, being very overdriven, it will burn at the other color temp. I do not exactly remember which is which. Xeray always corrects me so it must be contrary to what I would think it would do. If, in fact, they are offering two color temp choices, then forget what I just said in this case. But being overdriven will affect color temp in any HID lamp.

So a given lamp will burn at the color temp the mfg specifies at the power level the mfg designs into the light based on the gases composition. If you overdrive that same lamp, it's burn color will change due to the higher power level effect on the gas composition.

Whereas, they can manufacture lamp such-n-such and fill it to burn at 4300 or fill it differently to burn at 5500 or fill it differently to burn at 6500 or any color they want based on gas composition. I believe fill pressure may also have a bearing on color temp. Or it may just affect Volts/Amps at the lamp.

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
@freeme. Do you know if the light as low voltage protection for the cells?

Thanks!

freeme

Vendor
Correction on the tint temperature for previous info. FF5 comes with 4300K and 6000K option. I will ask for a 6000K bulb image when it is ready. Fire-Foxes also confirmed that 4300K version will be brighter than 6000K model.
Is the product pic the 4300k version or the 6500k version? HID bulbs naturally run in the 4000k to 4500k range due to the composition of the elements used in the bulb. Almost all HID bulbs that are advertised as having a higher color temp is because the bulb is tinted blue to artificially give it a cooler color but will reduce output. Unless if something else is happening that I'm not aware of that gives us the two different color temp options.

I'm not trying to discredit the product or anything. I'm already contemplating on getting one. I just wanted clarification.

Is that why they are listing the color temp as 4300k/6500k? If you go to the order page, it let's you choose the color temp, so that's a bit confusing.

I thought it is a fairly achievable for all modern lights right now? Haha. I will double confirm again.
@freeme. Do you know if the light as low voltage protection for the cells?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ampdude

CPF Supporter
Is it a replacement for your older light?

No, I saw the information that the FF5 battery carrier is not compatible with the FF3 or FF4. I would like a spare FF5 battery carrier for convenience of operation. It's nice to have spare battery carriers loaded and ready to go. I have some spares for my Surefire M6's. And knowing I have a spare FF5 carrier if one fails is good as well. Maybe more than one spare.

freeme

Vendor
It should be listed soon.

No, I saw the information that the FF5 battery carrier is not compatible with the FF3 or FF4. I would like a spare FF5 battery carrier for convenience of operation. It's nice to have spare battery carriers loaded and ready to go. I have some spares for my Surefire M6's. And knowing I have a spare FF5 carrier if one fails is good as well. Maybe more than one spare.