• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
A couple of questions for Vinh or anyone else who knows.

1) What's the bezel material on the Aluminum version ? Stainless

2) What brightness level do you set the aux LEDs to on a typical build? As stock unless requested to dim down or turn up.

Thanks in advance!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boost HL footprint is too large for these multi-optics throwers. You need to use smaller LEDs.

I emailed Jacky to see about procuring some of these '20 degree optics' he is starting to ship with E07s.

Also I think I only posted it at blf, but I bought some UCL waterwhite lenses for my two E07, and they are more clear than stock. The effect is like applying a Lee minus 8th green filter, but without the light loss. The lens is a little thicker, so bezel doesn't screw down 100%, maybe like 90%.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I emailed Jacky to see about procuring some of these '20 degree optics' he is starting to ship with E07s.

I'll be eager to see what the practical difference is. I certainly suspect we'll see an increase in throw, but probably far less than doubling the 70kcd figure. I know there's a formula out there for predicting lux numbers when changing beam angles but I don't know where I've seen it before. It's one of those things that optical engineers always know how to do or at least know hot to find the info. I've struck out.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would love to try the narrow optics with my E07vn W1. I checked mine and the optics are not glued so it should be an easy swap I would presume.

Will you be getting these optics Vinh? And should they be compatible with your W1 mod?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Regarding the bezel material and aux LEDs, Very helpful, Thanks Vinh.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Very helpful, thanks Vinh.

I guess I don't know how to delete a double post.... :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
EDIT: not sure what imgur did with my images but here they are again...

xm0cvaN.jpg

GxtBj5y.jpg

ATfXzvg.jpg

1DmB8Iq.jpg

Cu/Ti, polished, HC, 4 x XPL HI 5000 V4, 3 x W2s (through center). Picked up some quite noticeable throw without loosing all of my favorite HI 5000 tint.

The other E07 is the gray finish, not black, 7 x XPL HI 5000.

Absolutely beautiful work Vinh!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
p2JBNd4.jpg

XOT9UVG.jpg

7YeP3MG.jpg

CD60y1q.jpg

Cu/Ti, polished, HC, 4 x XPL HI 5000 V4, 3 x W2s (through center). Picked up some quite noticeable throw without loosing all of my favorite HI 5000 tint.

The other E07 is the gray finish, not black, 7 x XPL HI 5000.

Absolutely beautiful work Vinh!

Love the pics!!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I can't believe how bright you do the HC. Even on the grey version's SS bezel it's a deep purple.

The first E07 has been zip tied to my mountain biking helmet. I run it at a level that depletes about 2/3 the capacity on a typical 90 minute ride. What a great beam and UI for this purpose!

Thanks for such a great couple of lights, Vinh!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am building a 100% copper version for myself soon. I will show it off when i am done.

Anyone want a E07 copper bezel email me. I ordered a few extra.

I can't believe how bright you do the HC. Even on the grey version's SS bezel it's a deep purple.

The first E07 has been zip tied to my mountain biking helmet. I run it at a level that depletes about 2/3 the capacity on a typical 90 minute ride. What a great beam and UI for this purpose!

Thanks for such a great couple of lights, Vinh!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I am building a 100% copper version for myself soon. I will show it off when i am done.

Anyone want a E07 copper bezel email me. I ordered a few extra.

I can only imagine what LED combination you'll be cooking up. I'm guessing some high CRI combo, mule because I think you like them.

I love combinations of different build materials and electronics. That's why the ti/cu version, mixed LEDs appeals to me as well as other lights, like that EC20 mule that you built a while back. Even that ti/nickle worm you've got on your site, very neat in a simple way.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just thought I'd ask if you got any good news about these 20° optics?

Thanks, Raven.

He said they're too large to fit E07. They're probably the ones Vinh tried from before. Good news is ROT66 gen2 will have throwier optics!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Not sure what happened to my above images at imgur but I reposted them. In the process, I figured out how to make them a lot sharper!

Sorry about those images of mine, that you quoted Vinh. Didn't want to make the thread look goofy and I don't know why they quit working.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I saw it mentioned on the interwebs that there's interchangeability between the heads and tailcaps of E07s and E01s. I was wondering if anyone had verified this as it might make for some interesting combinations.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I saw it mentioned on the interwebs that there's interchangeability between the heads and tailcaps of E07s and E01s. I was wondering if anyone had verified this as it might make for some interesting combinations.

Its tue