First purchase 2014?

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Anyone made any purchases for 2014 yet? Surprised no one had started this thread yet so I decided to throw it out there. My first purchase of the year was a ZTS MBT-1 battery tester that I just finished ordering (the store was actually open today too!!). I've always wanted a reliable battery tester and now my new flashlight hobby will warrant owning one. Happy New Year!!!

Incoming Jetbeam SRA40 !
Originally, I wanted to buy the Nitecore SRT6 or SRT7 or SRT5 or Fenix UC40 ultimate or 4Sevens MMU-X3-AE or the Nitecore EA4, but the AA battery on the SRA40 and high lumen and a great thrower were my deciding factor. In case of longer power failure I have tons of AA battery in stock. I also bought an Eneloop XX AA NiMH for the SRA40.

Next will be Nitecore SRT3 (AA) to compliment my SRA40 AA powerhouse!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Convoy S2, M1 and M2 should be here soon. I got my L3 LD10 on Wednesday.

Chris

Love my m2,in fact just been "playing" with it:D great light imo,love the warm tint too.............if you like it 1/2 as much as me Chris then you wont be disappointed.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my m2,in fact just been "playing" with it:D great light imo,love the warm tint too.............if you like it 1/2 as much as me Chris then you wont be disappointed.

On the three lights, I went a little nutty with the tints. All are 2.8A drivers, so that might create some heat on the little S2, but for $16 shipped, it won't be a waste, I don't think?

S2 is coming with a T5-5C 3/5 mode, the M1 is coming with the U2-1B tint 3/5 mode and the M2 will have the T6-3C tint and be 3/5 mode.

For $69 shipped with two genuine LG 4.35v ICR 3000mAh D1s, I don't think that I'll be disappointed.

Now I just need to get the new Xtar SP1, or VP2 charger for the D1s and I'll be set for a while, lol.

Chris

ETA: LG, not Samsung D1s.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thats a bargain Chris:D my m2 is T6-4C ...........love it.
Intrigued about the D1s ,will look into those cells .

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was a SF C2 (with P60) - demo model at a local dealer - I couldn't walk past it at the price.

Got it home, ripped of the head and tailcap, and threw on an older used head, Nailbender P60 module, 17670 and a user tailcap with McClicky - hasn't left my pocket since, it's actually a really nice light, I didn't appreciate how much nicer it is in the hand than a 6P.

Looking for a nice Nichia 219 triple for it now (with a reasonably low current, as I'm not having it bored)

Next one will probably (hopefully) be a HDS Rotary

Poppy

Flashaholic
On the three lights, I went a little nutty with the tints. All are 2.8A drivers, so that might create some heat on the little S2, but for $16 shipped, it won't be a waste, I don't think?

S2 is coming with a T5-5C 3/5 mode, the M1 is coming with the U2-1B tint 3/5 mode and the M2 will have the T6-3C tint and be 3/5 mode.

For $69 shipped with two genuine Samsung 4.35v ICR 3000mAh D1s, I don't think that I'll be disappointed.

Now I just need to get the new Xtar SP1, or VP2 charger for the D1s and I'll be set for a while, lol.

Chris
I'd like to hear what you have to say about the T5-5C and T6-3C tints, and how they compare. I have read that people love the T6-3C.

False Cast

Newly Enlightened
I've got a McGizmo Sapphire GS en route. My first light of '14, my first non-surefire, and my first AAA.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to hear what you have to say about the T5-5C and T6-3C tints, and how they compare. I have read that people love the T6-3C.

Those were the LG D1s, BTW, not Samsung.

You got me going on the Convoy lights in another thread, along with the guy who did the nice review on the M1 with T6-3C tint, on the BFL forum.

I figured that I'd throw the T5-5C tint in there on the S2, since I don't really have any warm/neutral white tints besides a Xeno E03 with XM-L T5 NW emitter, which is nice.

Time will tell and thanks for your input.

I'm all in, vis-a-vis Convoy, as they say in Vegas!

Chris

olumen

Newly Enlightened
New member but long time lurker here.

First 2014 purchase was a L3 Illumination's L10 Nichia 219. I am loving the size coupled with the emitter and the price!

Thanks to the forum I found this flashlight!

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Jetbeam SRA40 and Nitecore SRT3 - both are great lights!
Also bought 4 AA Eneloop XX and will buy more.

Last edited:

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 5 this year already. funny thing is, the first purchase I still haven't received yet. My Deft-X directly from Michael at OMGlumens:) Not complaining, I know he's a busy guy:D

daveskilz3

Newly Enlightened
My first purchase and first EDC flashlight for this year (new hobby) is the Fenix PD35...more of an entry level flashlight and I'm planning on getting some customs at some point soon, but this flashlight boasts 850 lumens! It brings the sun to any dark area instantly!

Samlittle

Enlightened
Yeah, Happy New Year - I'm a new member to CPF but have been hanging out for quite a long time. Glad to be on board.

So far this year I've just bought a few chargers:
1st - a Sanyo Ni-MH charger for the AA and AAA Eneloops
2nd - an Xtar SP2 for the Li-Ions.

Very keen on upgrading soon to a new flood/thrower LED but still trying to get more feedback on a few expensive lights. Looking hard at the ThruNite TN30 or TN35 (this the big mystery- still so new that no one has reviewed it) or the L3 Illumination X40.

One of these will surely brighten up my winter right?