Fisher Space Pen

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Fisher make one that is click retractable?

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Yep,the Futura.
I need one like that and started looking through all the listings on ebay and found it.They run about 35.00 but I got it on Ebay for 14.00 shipped.
They also make a couple others that are a little cheaper,the 0 gravity being one.

gadgetboy

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget that Fisher sells refills and they fit other pens. I have a Fisher refill in my Parker retractable.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished ordering an astronaut pen and one for the wife from www.penwa.com Very good prices, shipping options and up front contact info. Looks like my source for pens from now on.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, how do you folks like the Fisher pen?

nullandvoid

Newly Enlightened
I love mine, though I've only had it about a month and a half. I have a Black Titanium Nitrate bullet pen, I love that finish! And it fit's in my pocket quite well and has become part of my EDC where no pen has before.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've carried one for around 20 years...gee, when did these first come out. I always have one with me!!

utomatoe

Enlightened
20 yrs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've lost 2 over the last 4 years... I have yet to purchase a third... eventually. Very convenient to have though. I'm just too lazy to go out and buy one, I have to go all the way into the city from the 'burbs....

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wellllll, yes I did lose one and replaced it immediately! I know "exactly" where it's at too! It's on a moutain side where I scored my first mule deer in Arizona.

Maybe I could get Sasha to go look for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the latest Ink formula is better than the old stuff that blobbed and smeared alot, the new stuff is more fine line too. I have owned 4 and lost two in the past 15 years and now I have two of the pocket ones that I haven't lost because one stays in my Spec. Ops THE checkbook wallet and the other one rides in a Brigade Quartermasters 3x5 notebook cover along with a "Rite in the Rain" notepad and my Arc AA.

Tad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

notos&w

Enlightened
ive got two and wont get more. they write very poorly, smearing, streaking and blobbing constantly. but i carry a bullet in my jacket for unexpected times when i need a pen - often that is when other pens would be less suitable.
so, for me, they are a good backup but not anything im especially fond of.

matt_j

Enlightened
I use the gravity fisher pen when I'm on the ambulance writing reports or taking notes out in the snow or rain it works fine. It is a good pen and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can write on plastic, metal or medical tape... All my partners always want to borrow it from me.

Matt

K-T

*Moderator*
I carry one of these small ones since about three months and am truly impressed - one gets used to always having one around that it turns out to be a big problem once it is not where it is supposed to be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif I love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flatscan

Enlightened
Does anyone know a way to carry a Bullet on a keyring? A pen is the only tool that I don't EDC and want/need often.

I had a black Bullet years ago, I think it fell out of my pocket. Several months ago, I got a telescoping one and a chrome Bullet from Penwa. I then proceeded to fiddle with the telescoping feature through a series of job interviews. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I've found that the Space Pens are fine for back-up use, or even a day's worth of primary use, but anything more is hand torture.

mylan

Newly Enlightened
I have one and don't use it. It's always blubbing when I start writing, bought a refill that was the same. I got tired of it and bought a Parker. It doesn't EDC as well as a bullet, but writes very smooth and doesn't blub. It's also funny that the Russians seem to use a normal pen in space and that works fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mylan

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I stated before my latest bullet pen is a reformulation and a redesigned cartridge since last year and does not blob or streak and is more fine line than the older ones and I love it, It works great. The cartridge is a PR#4 from july of last year and writes like a normal ball point, and the pen packaging stated the improvements and redesign on the package.

Tad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif