FiveMega 700 Lumen 3x168S WA1166 Quickie!

Halibut

Enlightened
Okay, keep in mind that this mini review is coming from someone who was firmly entrenched in the LED world, and I don't get the chance to handle 700-lumen torches very often.

I received my FiveMega Mags in the mail today, but couldn't fire them up because I had no 168S cells on hand. I thought I'd try to fake it (I was desperate) because I was so eager to see what a 700 lumen flashlight looked like.

FM168S.gif

I turned the light on, pointed it at some trees about 75 yards away, and was just amazed. That's a LOT of light coming out a very small package. I found the beam to be quite yellowish, although the artifacts aren't bad even with the stock Mag reflector, and the light throws very well. My first foray into incandescentland has been a good one!

-Dan

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a heavy load for those R123s, dont' run em too long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Have fun, and stay safe

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah with the fun hes probably having right now, the overdischarged R123s will be worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif j/k, try not to run it too long so that the R123s stay alive.

Halibut

Enlightened
Roger that. I gave the light some 5-10 second bursts, then retired the r123s to their charger. The 168s's arrived today!

-Dan

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you sure you are getting enough power from r123's
to get 700 lumens from your new light ?

might be whiter and brighter with the 168s batterys

Jazz

Newly Enlightened
FiveMega,

How much are you selling these gems for? And how much are the batteries?

Of course, anyone can answer. B-T-W, got any pics?

P.S. I'm sure all this info is listed elsewhere, I'm just being lazy.

Halibut

Enlightened
Mark: Only one way to know--the Pilas are charging as I write this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jazz: Check this link.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like fun. Watch out for exploding ions cells. Don't over discharge!!

Hey, if you want to stay with leds and have 760 lumens, why not be the first to build a quad 20mm luxIII R/O mag light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You could run 2 sets in parallel in series 6v 2.8amps. That'd be quite fun! But the beam unlike your FiveMega light wouldn't be yellowish, but red-orangish! heh. Or go with 4 of the Seoul 5W leds... Ok I'll stop. I just want to see more pics of crazy lumen LED flashlights!!!

Perhaps one day when I'm board I'll build a mag with a 100watt 12v H3 bulb in it some time. Yes, I'm cheap, especailly when it comes to hotwires /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif