Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spotted a flashaholic on MRT some days back carrying 6P loud and proud on his belt. Quite a big size guy. Was with gf/wife. His holster got a few holes in it, probably from forgetting to switch off the 6P a few times. :laughing:

Is it anyone here?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, glad to see fellow singaporeans here! Here i was thinking i was in a minority (my wife thinks i am mad for carrying a light everywhere i go, as do quite a few of my friends)

But we get our own back when people drop things in bars, cinemas, in the car, at the beach etc, HA!

where do you guys get your lights?? Can't really seem to get a good range in sg apart from Surefires, some pelicans, the standard Mag mods etc. I got my 1st Jetbeam from Cateye off fishingkaki.com and my 1 mode Ultrafire C3 from hkequipment on eBay but as my infection for lights is getting worse, i am hoping you guys can point out some nice places to check out lights

cheers

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cateye (CEJ) is a good source for some lights like Jetbeam and Fenix. Apart from that, most of the stuff we buy (or at least me), are online stores or from CPF itself lor.

Sg doesn't really have a whole range of lights... mostly Pelican, Princeton Tec, Surefire, Mags etc.. and I guess the most popular shop for lights here is Sheares. (Where are they located now ah?)

If you want the lower end lights, you can check out dealextreme.com or kaidomain.com . They also carry Fenix and other properly branded chinese lights. Some of the so-called 'lower end' lights are surprisingly good quality and value for money, like the $50+ SSC P7 light my friend bought. Good quality machining and heatsink! And bright!

Otherwise, check out the B/S/T section and Custom B/S/T for a wide variety of lights. Shipping nowadays is pretty affordable for something small such as a flashlight.. just don't order a 6D mag loaded with batts! :laughing:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree that CEJ is a good local source for mid-range flashlights. Can't agree with you on shipping being affordable though as they've all gone up due to the fuel price increases even. :( CPF's Custom B/S/T is a dangerous place! Stay far far away from it! :D

So when's the next meet up?

Last edited:

lightfet

Newly Enlightened
Guys I had found a place which is very dark, Lower Pierce Reservior let's have a getogether after the seventh month?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know if there is anyplace in sg where we can get this?

http://www.dorcy.com/products.aspx?p=411642

also, for those in the east, there is a pitch black place where bright lights can be tested, its off Pasir Ris Drive 12, go into Pasir Ris Farmway 1, follow the road all the way in to a T-junction, then turn right and go in a bit further. The road is blocked after a bend by a metal barrier but at that point it is already pitch dark (no lamps at all).

cheers

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
you all know where in singapore got sell parts to upgrade flashlight

would be helpful if you can tell us what flashlight you want to upgrade and what parts you want to upgrade, lens, reflector bulb etc etc

so, does anyone here know where in sg they sell a pr flange LED bulb??

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
would be helpful if you can tell us what flashlight you want to upgrade and what parts you want to upgrade, lens, reflector bulb etc etc

Tried Home-Fix at Causeway Point? Think I saw an LED bulb for Maglite but not sure if it's PR flange or not. I get all my LED bulbs online from US. :whistle: Mostly from here (see below) -

We have dropped the price on many of our TerraLUX and Tektite LED Replacement bulbs!
Here are the current Sale prices below! http://www.led-replacement.com/

TerraLUX Special Prices http://www.led-replacement.com/terralux.html
TLE-5 MiniStar2 $18.95
TLE-5EX EXTREME $22.95
TLE-6EX MiniStar5 $22.95
TLE-6EXB MiniStar5 $22.95
TLE-20 MicroStar1 $14.95
TLE-100 MaxCharg $32.95
TLE-1F 2-6 Cell LED $18.95
TLE-1S 2-6 Cell LED $18.95
TCS-1 Tail Cap Sw $05.95
TLF-3L2AA Flashlight $27.95
TLE5K2 Red LED $24.95
TLE5K2-Green LED $24.95
TLE-300M 600lumen $79.95
TLE-100S StreamStar20X $30.95
TLE-HP3 StreamStar HP3 $21.95

Tektite Special Prices http://www.led-replacement.com/tektite.html
LT-3 1aaa Solitaire $19.95
L222 2 Cell LED $19.95
LPR-2 2 Cell LED $19.95
LPR-3 3 Cell LED $19.95
LPR-113 4 Cell LED $19.95
LS233 2 Cell LED $19.95
LS365 3 Cell LED $19.95
LS407 4 Cell LED $19.95
Expedition Star $59.95

NIQ-07-1WC Nite Ize $18.95

Shipping in the USA is only $1.75 and International is $3.00 for First Class International and $12.00USD for Priority!
http://www.led-replacement.com/shipping.html
Thank you!
Best Regards,
John S Plummer Owner
[email protected]

Last edited:

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened

maybe surefire
increase lumen
change bulb then reflector for further throw

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Tried Home-Fix at Causeway Point? Think I saw an LED bulb for Maglite but not sure if it's PR flange or not. I get all my LED bulbs online from US. :whistle:
got others brand
online not option
i still student no debit credit card paypal ect.....

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the reply guys, i checked my maglite and im using the standard LED drop in that you can get from beach road. does anyone here have a terralux or tektite drop in and can provide some info on the brightness?? malkoff's is a bit ex for me.

Oh, and has anyone ordered stuff by the USD3.00 shipping and it got through with no problems?

iluvflashlight: have u considered your battery requirements?? CR123s can be costly in sg if u r using primaries (i.e non-rechargeable) and some lights do not run well on rechargeables

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
where u do meetup
i think i will take that

Please PM me exactly which one you want. Or if not, give me the web link to the exact item you are looking for. I'm located in Woodlands but can meet up at any MRT station along the way towards Jurong East or City Hall weekdays 12-5pm. PM me.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the reply guys, i checked my maglite and im using the standard LED drop in that you can get from beach road. does anyone here have a terralux or tektite drop in and can provide some info on the brightness?? malkoff's is a bit ex for me.

Oh, and has anyone ordered stuff by the USD3.00 shipping and it got through with no problems?

iluvflashlight: have u considered your battery requirements?? CR123s can be costly in sg if u r using primaries (i.e non-rechargeable) and some lights do not run well on rechargeables

The claimed brightness ratings are on the website. I would say the are bright enough but not blazing bright. I've had many shipments come through on USPS First Class mail without any problems. So long as it is below SGD$400 in value, it will clear customs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.