Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadie

Enlightened
i managed to play the nighthunter 75w arc hid and the nighthunter 3 aT sheares ..... :thumbsup:

wow weeeee ........ :twothumbs

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, i started another thread here for a roll call for sg flashaholics and anything flashlight related in sg e.g. potential group buys to save on shipping, get togethers (not to take it away from this thread but as an add on), trades, sales but only in sg.

There are currently 25 of us in sg that have posted there, so come join in so we'll know how many of us there are.

End of Pasir Ris Farmway 1 is pitch black but need vehicles to get in and there are NO facilities at all there, i only know about this area as it is near a fishing pond that i patronise.

Anyone thought of Botanic Gardens or Dempsey Road?? Seems pretty dark when i went for drinks there.

king2penn

Enlightened
Hmmm i saw the number of views this thread got- 2500.
There should be more than the 25 odd names posted on the other thread:crackup:

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
N30?? No way man, way out of budget. Someone on the other thread i started wanted to get an N30 (was that you?)

king2penn

Enlightened
N30?? No way man, way out of budget. Someone on the other thread i started wanted to get an N30 (was that you?)

yea i think so... Im planning on getting a Vector POB now, its much more cheaper (around S$200)... Shipping is the price of the light lol :thumbsdow

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's the one i saw on Sam's site right?? USD$59.99 or something like that?? What about spare bulbs? I was contemplating the Coleman 530 lumen spotlight but then realised that its quite impractical, haha

rasserie

Newly Enlightened
coincidentally enough i was just thinking the same thing the other night when i was out fishing, the aurora wf-600 throws damn far but is too darn bright. Even when bashing through and navigating to the fishing spot, i found it too bright (but its still damn fun to have though).

Ended up using my E01 more often than not and my DX fauxtons were pretty useful too. Think my jetbeam on low would be ideal as it has a high mode if i need more light.

i was just thinking the other day, is there a 1 or 2 AA light with a clicky tailcap and brightness modes adjusted by turning the bezel instead of either semi-clicking or clicking the tailcap?
this aurora, how many lumens?

rasserie

Newly Enlightened
So so lah.

Minimag?! Hope it was an LED one at least, haha.:crackup:

Hope it really was a simulation exercise! :duck:

Well I'll be going on night walk thru Lim Chu Kang & Kranji on Saturday night so will be bringing along a few of my torches to play around with. :D
which part of lim chukang and kranji?

i was at kranji dam to test light but a bit apprehensive when the coast guard shined their searchlight at me.

rasserie

Newly Enlightened
The walk was great with a turnout of around 40 persons. There were 2 green lasers (one used to be mine :devil: ), my 200mw DX red laser (bought from Crenshaw :D ) and various assorted incan & LED lights. We got to see a tiny snake, some nocturnal birds, frogs, toads, and FIRE-FLIES! :thumbsup: and lots of stars which our very experienced guide pointed out. :)

Let me know if anyone is interested in any future night-walks such as this one which was organised by the Nature Society Singapore Ramblers Group. ;) (They also do day walks.)
just curious this walk, how bright a torchlight is allowed to bring?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
rasserie said:
this aurora, how many lumens?

Check the review that persuaded me to get it HERE the author compares it to a 215 lumen Fenix. There are beamshots there too

Last edited:

roadie

Enlightened
jus check my bank ..... this month is almost empty :broke:

oh well, next month see how .... :sigh:

ironically, its a good thing as i am broke most of the time, else be very tempted to get everything :banghead::xyxgun:

DrAg0n

Banned
jus check my bank ..... this month is almost empty :broke:

oh well, next month see how .... :sigh:

ironically, its a good thing as i am broke most of the time, else be very tempted to get everything :banghead::xyxgun:

Anyway a lot of models sold out liao, current models also finishing, the weapon resupply is in mid dec :D

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Greetings,

Any of you interested in getting a Polarion PH50? Perhaps we could save on significant shipping costs to Singapore if we pool together! PM me if you're interested!

The light is going out of production in favour for a PH45 (5 watts less power) and the 50 watt version may become a collector's item...

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Hi Brother,

Just curious, estimate how much is Polarion PH50? if price ok, i interested :)

The group-buy price a while ago was US$1800 for the basic light but we'll never get it at that price again. It now retails for US$2395 minus a 8% discount for CPF members. Maybe we can save on shipping which will be at least $100. Contact me via PM and if anyone else is interested, please do the same soon!

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
The group-buy price a while ago was US$1800 for the basic light but we'll never get it at that price again. It now retails for US$2395 minus a 8% discount for CPF members. Maybe we can save on shipping which will be at least $100. Contact me via PM and if anyone else is interested, please do the same soon!

I've found a potential seller for the PH50 and the transaction should be underway so unless the sale fails, I'll have to withdraw the above-mentioned offer... Thanks for looking!

lightfet

Newly Enlightened
MacRitchie Reservoir Outing

Date: 9th Jan 2009 Friday
Venue/Time: 6.30pm dinner at Adam Rd Hawker Center OR 8pm at MacRitchie Reservoir (3.2k starting point, beside the zig zag bridge)

Agenda: play with our torchlights and a short walk into the hiking trail

After that we can go to Thomson for kopi and chit chat.

Pls PM lightfet with your real name & mobile number.

Patricipants:
1) lightfet (Adam Hawker Center)
2) StrifeYun (Adam Hawker Center)

Status
Not open for further replies.