Flashlight Holder Mount For Bicycle Handlebars

JohnnyGalaga

Newly Enlightened
It seems like a lot of the flashlight mounts for bicycle handlebars are built cheap and flimsy. Is there a good brand mount that stays still and doesn't wobble or bounce when you ride? I once had a Two-Fish and it was basically crap. How about a mount that actually stays put when you go over a bump? A lot of the ones online have velcro or other straps and rubberized parts. That's too loose and just won't hold up well.

If you ride for a while or go over a bump, the mount slips and next thing you know the flashlight angle sags low and you have to re-adjust it and tighten it again. I'd be looking for something to hold an 18650 or 26650 light, but it needs to be rock solid without wobbling or losing its grip during a rigorous rough ride. Is there any such animal out there?

Thanks.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Fenix adjustable mount. Google that and see if it suits you. Fully adjustable and solid as a rock.

Edit, its called the AF02

Last edited:

MY

Enlightened
FYI, Fenix is now in their third model revision for their handlebar mount. I have used all three models and their latest version is by far the best. It is the same mount used in their new BC30 bike light, which by the way, in my opinion, is the best valued bike light on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

abvgdee

Newly Enlightened
A radical improvement (in any mounting) would be separating battery from the light itself - to reduce mass (it is gravity that wobbles the light). And of course position the center of mass right above the handlebar (and ideally low). I did it for my lights.. yes, takes some time to saw etc..

Hope you are considerate of oncomers to not use the circular beam when people are around.

DannoXYZ

Newly Enlightened
The two-fish works well when mounted optimally:

1. mount it underneath the handlebars. I've even mounted it underneath the 135mm stem on my road-bike
2. clamp it around the flashlight at C.O.G. centre-of-gravity, same amount of weight in front and in rear of clamp

Now, even with the clamps completely loose, the light will settle into its lowest-energy state, beneath the bar aiming forward horizontally.

click here

Newly Enlightened
Fenix ALB-10

End thread.

I think you asked about my Minivn bike light a while back. Here's a pic and how I mounted it and my Olight S20. 2 bike mounts, total cost, $4.

hXzb1SS.jpg

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Oh awsome! Yes I did! I tottaly forgot!

I was planning on mounting my D40A but have since bought a proper bike light (BC30) and upgraded my D40 to a VN dedome! So not great for three bike now ahah but amazing light!

Dude thanks for posting that it wil sire help some others! Amazing light for MTB ahah so much flood!

I can see what you have done, hose pipe connectors! Ingenuous!

I currently have a BC30vn + on its way a CQvn for my bike setup, CQvm will be run low mode head mounted for offroad use. To expensive for on road IMO, only dirt to fall on in Forrest!

On road I use bc30 and have on order a 3*nicha sportatc 600 lumen for commuting in a D18 host. It's also for general use at home hence the nicha over the XPG2. Which would be a better brighter beam.

But as my CQvn is xpg2+xpl combo is should be a flood with some punch light.

I Also carry my HL55vn as back up if my two primary's fail.

I will need to see what it looks like with CQvn + BC30vn on turbo ahaha will be insane.

Properly like 5K lumens or something!!

Always I'm ranting now so yhea thanks buddy!

Deffo grab the ALB-10 amazing mount IMO.

chanrobi

Newly Enlightened
A radical improvement (in any mounting) would be separating battery from the light itself - to reduce mass (it is gravity that wobbles the light). And of course position the center of mass right above the handlebar (and ideally low). I did it for my lights.. yes, takes some time to saw etc..

Hope you are considerate of oncomers to not use the circular beam when people are around.

Don't really need this IMHO unless the light is *really* heavy and/or real crap mount

. Having the battery seperate means having to strap another thing down onto your bike + cords. For commuting/locking up your bike, much more convenient to have one big self contained unit. Like this http://images.mec.ca/fluid/customers/c822/5038-790/generated/5038-790_STM11_view1_1000x1000.jpg

image tags deleted from hot linked image - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Athens80

Newly Enlightened
Twofish Lockblocks Flashlight Holder Works Well

You weren't satisfied with your Twofish but I've used a couple of them extensively and they work for me. One's on the helmet with a AA light and the other I've used on the handlebars with an 18650 P7 flashlight. Then there's another we've used for a tail light on another bike with a red LED 501B flashlight. All hold the flashlights reliably; they stay in place and hold up well.

The heaviest light of those three weighs about 6 ounces. I'm sure there's a limit on how heavy a light these holders will keep in place but a single 18650 light seems to be well within their limits.

I balance the flashlight on the Twofish and cinch the Velcro tight. They all go on and off quickly and stay in place. In fact, while they stay in place, some other lights I've used, such as the MJ 808, are prone to rolling forwards and down on the same handlebar. With some of those other lights I've added a strip of inner tube as a shim to reduce slipping. But I haven't needed that with the Twofish; they hold just fine.

Perhaps there are surfaces that the Twofish doesn't grip as well. I have run of the mill, round, aluminum Cannondale handlebars.