Flashlight Spec. Spreadsheet (dynamic, collaborative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
Re: current light/battery table

Awesome idea, and work so far.

To give some meaning to the "Modes" column, can I suggest the following format, or something similar:

Turbo, with stepdown after 1 minute (5000 lumens), High (200 lumens, 60 minutes), Medium (120 lumens, 30 minutes), Low (5 lumens, 76 hours)

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, I've never been fond of the use of the word "modes" to designate different output levels. To me, a different mode means constant output vs. strobe or SOS, etc. Different output levels are just that, they aren't technically a different "mode". Perhpas it's just semantics but just my two cents. :)

subq

Newly Enlightened

updated column name to "output levels", any other suggestions, let me know, the spreadsheet is looking awesome, lots of good info

I like how some of the models were linked to the mfg. page of that model. In fact, I would suggest people link the Lumens entry to the CPF review of the light if one is done. Those usually do a more detailed breakdown of output, run times, etc etc..

I just used the Klarus XT11 as an example.

Last edited:

subq

Newly Enlightened

spreadsheet looks killer, if anyone wants to embed a read only version on a webpage just send me a PM, I can send you the link and format for that

cleaned up the links, http://srf.to/flashlights is the main spreadsheet, the old link is used for editing only

webpage only version http://srf.to/fspage

Last edited:

silver_bacon

Newly Enlightened

Maybe add a column to indicate a non-standard battery type (CR2, 9V, AAAA, proprietary, batteryless, super-caps, etc.) Although color coding also works, seems that has already been done some. Adding a column for origin (made in USA, China, Germany, etc.) might be beneficial too.

Last edited:

subq

Newly Enlightened

done

changed the 19670 column (which is official name for protected 18650) to Other (specify)

not sure how beneficial the origin column will be but I added it anyway

snoop75

Newly Enlightened

@subq - could you please relocate the "Output Levels" column to sit between "Max Lumens" and "Notes" ? It's probably a more logical placing. Thanks!

Also, for the "Output Levels" column, I suggest we simply copy/paste the levels stated on manufacturer's website. This is what I've done for the SC600(w):

High: H1 500Lm with 750Lm turbo in the first 5 min (2hrs) or H2 200Lm (5.9hrs) / 330Lm (3hrs) / 500Lm (2.1hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
Medium: M1 65Lm (18hrs) or M2 21Lm (50hrs)
Low: L1 2.8Lm (280hrs) or L2 0.1Lm (80days)
Runtimes are tested using Panasonic NCR18650 (2900mAH) batteries. Light output are out the front (OTF) values. All levels are current regulated.

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

I think that would be a good idea, but it might be too much information for the cells to contain without either making them very long, or tall.

silver_bacon

Newly Enlightened

I don't know. That's a lot of information. It should probably be broken up somehow. Maybe move the output level column and put in a runtime range column in hours and turn max lumens into a lumen range column (lowest to highest, or the output of each mode)?

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

No reason we can't have another, for the people who can't read German. :p

subq

Newly Enlightened

actually, the reason I put output levels to the right is because I wanted to put some of the "form" type columns in the front (i.e. battery acceptance)...in addition, keep some of the columns that could get very long like notes and output levels to the right, or columns not looked at much like origin

we can actually create other spreadsheets and link the actual sheets if we need to, i.e. output levels column becomes a #, so 5, which hot links to another sheet which goes over all the details...I just didn't want to complicate things

the other thing that is very cool is that you can create a "discussion" on the row and type in all sorts of info there

kick around some ideas on what you think we should do, all the ones mentioned are valid

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

I say for the output, we do it 600/240/100/Strobe, and we can put the runtime in the discussion, perhaps?

subq

Newly Enlightened

I say for the output, we do it 600/240/100/Strobe, and we can put the runtime in the discussion, perhaps?

I like it simple as well, the model can actually link to the MFG website for detailed specs (and some already do), the discussion part of the spreadsheet allows for all sorts of data to be put in

Status
Not open for further replies.