Flashlight Storage

JimmyB

Enlightened
From time to time I've heard requests for flashlight storage ideas. I use a Gerstner wood toolbox for mine. It has ample room and felt lined drawers to protect the lights. It looks OK and is portable enough to move around the house. This is not the made in USA Gerstner which is much more expensive. It's a licensed copy with a Gerstner label. The average price is $230 though I found this one on Amazon.com for $137. There are other similar boxes out there of varying quality. The Chinese copies are typically not well made and have very cheap hardware. You'll find them for under $100. I'm always interested to see how others store or display their lights. More info can be found here:

http://www.madisonartshop.com/maoaktoch.html

JimmyB

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Flashlight storage for me is in the glove box, on my keychain, in the tool box, in a case on my belt, hanging on wall in the basement & near the doors, and on top of my night stand.

Last edited:

Blazer

Enlightened
Son of a b.....I knew I needed a new way to store lights...just didn't know that I needed one of those...the hunt begins for something similar.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
Here's how I store my junk. :eek:
Click on the pics for larger ones.

It's a cabinet from Ikea. There's some LED cabinet lights in each "cube" I drilled holes and installed grommets in the back of the cabinet to run wires. The cheap legs and knobs that came with the cabinet were replaced w/ stainless ones.

BladeZealot

Enlightened
A fishing tackle box for me. Multiple dividers { both pre-cut and adjustable}, carries lights, chargers, batteries, parts, tools...

eveything totally portable and within reach. :D

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Pelican case for my good lights, and I picked up three plastic tube thingys (technical term) from Sears last night that are great for holding flashlights in a backpack. They are in the tool section. Clear, flexible plastic tubes with colored removable end caps. One end cap is split so you can store screws, nuts, bolts, etc in the tube and easily extract them.

I got three sizes: one to fit my 3X123 lights, one for my 2X123s, and one for my 1X123s. The lights are stored in the tubes and are protected from scrapes and bumps.

clipse

Enlightened
blahblahblah said:
Here's how I store my junk. :eek:
Click on the pics for larger ones.

It's a cabinet from Ikea. There's some LED cabinet lights in each "cube" I drilled holes and installed grommets in the back of the cabinet to run wires. The cheap legs and knobs that came with the cabinet were replaced w/ stainless ones.

:scowl:You make me angry(in a jelous kinda way) :)

blahblahblah

Enlightened
clipse said:
:scowl:You make me angry(in a jelous kinda way) :)

Yeah, not everyone can have the light in the bottom right of my 2nd pic.:banghead::shakehead I bet I'm the only person on CPF with one of them! Or maybe I'm the only person that will admit to having one???

FYI: The black cat light is from Old Navy (yes, the clothing store). :wtf::rolleyes::lolsign:

Fruitjacknix

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if there is a decent looking aluminium pistol box out there that is foam lined that would work well? I do like the wooden machinists tool box though! If I was to purchase that it would surely lead to more purchases as I would have a hard time filling it, maybe? Excellent idea! Good Things, Michael

blahblahblah

Enlightened
Fruitjacknix said:
I was wondering if there is a decent looking aluminium pistol box out there that is foam lined that would work well? I do like the wooden machinists tool box though! If I was to purchase that it would surely lead to more purchases as I would have a hard time filling it, maybe? Excellent idea! Good Things, Michael

Click on the 6th pic in post #5. That's the aluminum case that comes with the AE PL 24w shorty. I have another similar style case, however it is that's more of a bronze color, more square instead of rectangular, and better quality. I've had it for MANY years, but didn't use it because I only ordered one and they sent me 2. If you're interested... shoot me a PM and I'll go look for it in storage.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I have that same box, but it's full of knives. I think I may need to rent a POD and put it in my driveway to hold my collection of knives, flashlight, etc.

Chris201W

Enlightened
I store my lights anywhere my parents won't find them! Seriously though, I just have them laying around on shelves and my desk...anywhere I can grab them easily.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm too paranoid to put all my lights in one cabinet. I stash them in my gear bags. I have multiple backpacks and torsopacks and each has at least one light and a spares carrier.

kelmo