Flashlight Story

TTT

Newly Enlightened
How come you guys seem to have so many blackouts? Did you move there on purpose just to use your lights? :thumbsup:

I have never experienced a blackout, unless somebody crashed a truck into the nearest transformer or something, which is incredibly rare.

Illum

Flashaholic
You poor, poor man. :shakehead ;)

the power company here installs sets of relays after set of relays...
Someone did run into a power pole near our house...we heard a crash, but no outage:thinking:

the house is 30+ years old, the lines are overhead. I've had experiences where whole subdivisions are out and our house just flickers.

living in Florida for 10+ years. Wore out 4 UPSes...without ever have one actually discharging its cells despite the 24/7 operation of my computer:candle:
eventually this one will just *BEEP* and tell me the battery needs to be replaced...then I know its been another 2 years without an outage.

but I live in a wooded area, so it doesn't bother me:twothumbs

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
It's really necessary to carry a flashlight in a public bathroom with lights on a timer. Sometimes you don't find out the lights are going to go out until you sit down and can't get up. It happened to me at a Del Taco in Oceanside, CA. Luckily, I had a Photon II. Sometimes in a restroom for more than one person, someone else will turn out the lights and leave leaving you in the dark. It does happen, especially in California where the government and environmentalists bombard us with energy conservation propaganda. You should always carry a flashlight. Even one the size of a quarter can save your butt.

That happened to me a couple of years ago. Fortunately, I had an LED modded Solitaire on my keychain. I hung my keys on the coathook and finished my business. That's the story I tell now whenever someone asks, "why?" There are plenty of things I don't mind doing in the dark, but my necessary is not one of them.

That was also the only time I ever worried about the color rendition differences between LEDs and incandescents.