Flashlight & Stun Gun Combo!!

branny

Newly Enlightened
From the description: "A moderate blast of 1 to 3 seconds will cause an attacker to fall to the ground and result in minor metal disorientation."
Obviously handy if you're mugged by R2D2... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frangible

Enlightened
That description isn't accurate at all. 1 to 3 seconds will cause pain, nothing more. If the attacker "drops to the ground" it is purely psychological trauma and probably won't happen, especially if he's pumped on adrenaline and/or some narcotic.

In order to prevent the muscle you touch from functioning, you need to apply so much voltage and time (15-30 seconds) it will cause permanent damage. That's why most people recommend pepper spray, not stun guns, for a non-lethal deterrant. Plus, who's gonna stand there for 30 seconds and let you shock them?

But of course, pepper spray just doesn't flat out work on some people, and it will not stop someone who can deal with the pain and keep on going. And then of course there are nacrotics and alcohol, and most violent crime is committed when under the influence of either (or both).

If you want a self defense option with a flashlight, I'd recommend a Glock with a flashlight mounted to its rails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Harrkev

Enlightened
** DANGER WILL ROBINSON **

I do not know about the light, but check out this thread:
ErgoMarine Thread

This looks like the same site that was selling the ErgoMarine Clone. I can verify that the security of this page USED to be VERY BAD. I tried the order link on the ErgoMarine clone, and saw the name and address of the last person who placed an order!

So, if anybody wants to order this light, use the telephone! I would not truse their web site with my credit card number.

dandruff

Enlightened
are u sure? i saw this video on tv where there was this HUGE guy who was being violent and uncooperative with the cops.

they brought out the taser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif and he went down INSTANTLY. hehe was pretty funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Frangible said:
That description isn't accurate at all. 1 to 3 seconds will cause pain, nothing more. If the attacker "drops to the ground" it is purely psychological trauma and probably won't happen, especially if he's pumped on adrenaline and/or some narcotic.

In order to prevent the muscle you touch from functioning, you need to apply so much voltage and time (15-30 seconds) it will cause permanent damage. That's why most people recommend pepper spray, not stun guns, for a non-lethal deterrant. Plus, who's gonna stand there for 30 seconds and let you shock them?

But of course, pepper spray just doesn't flat out work on some people, and it will not stop someone who can deal with the pain and keep on going. And then of course there are nacrotics and alcohol, and most violent crime is committed when under the influence of either (or both).

If you want a self defense option with a flashlight, I'd recommend a Glock with a flashlight mounted to its rails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric911

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dandruff said:
are u sure? i saw this video on tv where there was this HUGE guy who was being violent and uncooperative with the cops.

they brought out the taser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif and he went down INSTANTLY. hehe was pretty funny

[/ QUOTE ]There is a big difference between a stun gun and a Taser. A stun gun will indeed cause pain, but that is about it. The Taser is another story. I've been zapped by a Taser and it realy put me down. I guess I should clairify that I'm a cop who carries a Taser. I was zapped in training. Check out www.airtaser.com.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Good advice here...those combo gadgets will probably get you killed...we use the M26 taser in the LASD and it works well, as does our pepper for the most part...but again, nothing is 100 percnet...for personal protection I like the freeze +p pepper/OC blend...it has both since some people react differently to pepper and OC...you can find it on line with a search....and don't get those silly little twist key chain models...get a police top model...they are much more reliable...