Flashlight that fits in your wallet - Eon Classic Review - Credit Card Size LED Light

ama230

Enlightened
Is there anybody out there that has this high powered model at hand?

Also, thanks for posting a pic of the lights. I love PICS!!!

ama230

Enlightened
What the fudge as I would like to NOT be on the waiting list. If there were to be any issues I would guess it to be thermal management as the power led dies is touching such a small contact to distribute heat. My guess is they are still having their rounds with materials to conduct to the aluminum body efficiently.

Any other theories?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just observing.
Doesn't the attempt to make it "credit card size" actually increase its dimensions for no useful purpose other than "style"?

I guess it's supposed to fit into one of the credit card pockets in wallets. A Photon fits in the coin purse but not as stylish at all.

passive101

Enlightened
It's a neat idea, but not to useful for me in the real world. The most stolen and forgotten items are wallets. When the power goes out, I don't want to be fumbling with a wallet, losing receipts, money, cards, etc. for those who sit on their wallets, the thicker it is, the more lower back problems you are going to have and muscular imbalances over time (massage therapist).

Just my .02 lumens

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just observing.
Doesn't the attempt to make it "credit card size" actually increase its dimensions for no useful purpose other than "style"? It just seems to me that they took this credit card style a bit too far, and made the light bigger than it needed to be, in order to give the illusion that it is flat, but it's NOT flat.

It's a gimmick. Hipsters buy these.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four months after ordering a new Eon Extreme from Sinclair I asked for a refund. Their sales rep kept on saying that due to the huge backlog of online orders they could not deliver my specimen until an unspecified future date.
IMO this light does not exist yet and they are still struggling with design and/or manufaturing problems that might well go on forever. I tend to remember a few Surefire lights announced at SHOT and then simply disappeared.

In any case they promised to contact me when they are ready to deliver, we shall see ...

geardoc

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody venture a guess at the runtime on one of the low priced ones?