Flood Light with good CRI for night exploring videos

killeraxemannic

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to be doing some video work for a youtube channel that's going to be doing some night exploring. I'm looking for a light to carry that produces a good white flood light with minimal hot spots so I can illuminate a large dark area and film. Generally throw flashlights don't look good on camera because they produce a hot spot so the more even the beam the better. I know a lot of people use the cheap neewer LED panel lights for this but I would much prefer to have it in a handheld flashlight.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I have just the thing for you. Either the Noctigon KR4 or the Emisar D4V2, both can be had in a mule version with 16 Nichia E21A 4500k LED's which will be about as floody as a person could hope for with a very good high CRI neutral tint. https://intl-outdoor.com is where I ordered mine.

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
I've been using a Fenix SD11 dive light for some camera (mostly stills) work. Been REALLY happy with the results so far. 500 & 1000L output plus a red@250L that I haven't used .. yet. There is no hot spot just massive flood. Claimed throw @1K/L is only 45m and I doubt that it would be camera useful .. from what I've done so far I'd guess 50ft is closer to the limit of the light without testing for settings. Might be worth a look