• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FM3H-2 M*g Turbo Heads

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
All the way to God's own country in quick sharp time! Well packed and in excellent condition when opened. Thank you.

I like the new look more than I thought I would. It fits just like a standard one and it certainly performs as advertised. It replaced the damaged head on my FM2D that my delightful wife threw down the garden path and looks sexy with my other FM's. Overall, I'm very happy my purchase.

Now the bad news: It's too nice. I'm concerned this is destined to become a pasty pachyderm jostling with my CD collection for space. It will be the first in my house unless I can find a way of protecting it in transport. Anyone?

cryhavok

Enlightened
PP sent for:

Extra 3" reflector with removable cam for FM3H-2 $50
Extra Boro lens $10
Shipping $10

Total: $70

Thanks!

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Got mine yesterday, thanks.

Put it on my FM 3D-12AA host running the Os64610/62138. Could not get that smile off my face, especially with the '138 bulb :drool:

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a FM3H yet but the from what I've read the Torch has custom threads that don't work with it.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
These took quite a while to sell out, so I seriously doubt if FM will jump into making these again. I waited 1½ years to get some of these after his last GB in Nov of 2005. I'm surprised anyone who wanted one was not able to get one this time. On the other hand, I'm guessing that he still has 20-30 leftover reflectors, so he might do something to use those up.

Regarding the issue of not fitting the Mac Torch. I have three Mac Torches, seven of these FM3H-2, and two of the FM3H.

None of the 7 new FM3H-2 fit on any of the three Torches with tighter threads that Mac used for a better fit with standard Maglite Head. The two original FM3H both fit on Mac's Torches.

All nine of my 3" heads fit on the 3 Mad Maxabeam's MaxBlaster Torches.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:
These took quite a while to sell out

Please define quite a while. I was going to get one of the gun metal gray ones, but they sold out in one weekend, so I missed it since I have been away skiing most of the weekends this winter.

LuxLuthor said:
I'm surprised anyone who wanted one was not able to get one this time.

I think there are quite a lot of people who missed these, not everyone is checking CPF every day.

Sigbjoern

Action

Enlightened
I would have to agree with Sigbjoern with this one. The Grey and the Black went pretty quickly, the Chrome took a while longer.

While I did get a Grey, a Black, and a Chrome, I would be in for another run particularly if there were other finishes available (HA NAT & Nickel would be high on my list).

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
fivemega,

Perfect work as usual. For the record, both of my FM3H-2 heads fit my Torch perfectly. It was necessary to remove the cam first to fit Mac's Torch, but I'm sure everyone would do that, since the light came with a camless reflector. I do seem to remember someone describing the threads becoming more difficult after five or six turns, which would be precisely where the cam on the reflector would hit the socket on the Torch, if it wasn't removed first:ohgeez:.

Thanks again for offering these. Hope the 'slow' sales won't preclude you from offering them again before too long a time passes.

I do have a couple of questions that I'm not sure have been asked or not. Are you planning on offering the texturing used on these reflectors on your smaller(2 inch) reflectors? And if you ever offer your deep reflectors again(I managed to miss out on both of the last two runs)is there any chance of making a dual function model?

Thanks for all your thoughtful designs. There are few modders that have brought as much to the table as you have.

Chuck

maxhawk

Newly Enlightened
I'd also like to see another run. I kept checking the Group Buys section after FM's feeler post only to find out after the fact that everything got moved to Custom BST :(

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: $60 for 2 Extra chrome plated bezel for FM3H-2.
Thanks,
Tanasit

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 Extra chrome plated bezels arrived. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Tanasit