• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [FOUND] WTB: McGizmo LunaSol 20

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*FOUND*

Like an idiot I sold my LunaSol 20 a little over two years ago and I really really miss it, and I'm not too proud to admit it and to beg--I mean ask if--someone who has a spare LS20 might not want to help me out and also give their paypal account a large influx of cash in the bargain. I would be very grateful!

I'm only interested in an unmodified "factory fresh" LunaSol 20 which is in very good to like-new condition. I don't care if it can take rechargeables (i.e. it can be from the very first wave of LS20's).

Please PM me if you think you might be able to help!

*FOUND*

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, thanks to coloradogps, I am once again the proud owner of a LunaSol 20. Actually, you know, "proud" is the wrong word. Grateful is more like it. I am so happy to have this light back again!

More to the point, however, my experience with coloradogps was absolutely top notch. Excellent communication and excellent attitude on his part. Stand up guy from my experience!

THANK YOU COLORADOGPS! Thank you so very very much!

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
JS...

You are welcome!

Glad that I had an spare LunaSol 20 that I could send your way.

:twothumbs

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
scout24,

You were right about a "disturbance in the force" back when I sold my original LunaSol 20 to Wisdom! What the heck was I thinking?!?

Actually, I know what I was thinking. I was so enamored of the high CRI light from the SunDrop and the Haiku w/ 119, and so pleased with the McGizmo three-speed UI, that I got caught up and wasn't using my LunaSol 20, and well, I'm not a collector. I don't like to have lights just sitting around unused. Plus, it's hard enough to justify a $500+ light that you DO use, let alone one that sits in a drawer or a safe or on a shelf! And I had just bought TWO other McGizmo lights, and a house the year before that.

So, like an idiot I sold my LunaSol 20. I didn't miss it for like two years, but then BAM! I had serious sellers regret! I even contacted Wisdom to see if he'd be interested in selling that LS20 back to me. No dice, though.

But, perhaps "Wisdom" can be taken as more than a username here! I sold my original LS20 to wisdom, and . . . well, I am a lot wiser now. Or maybe only a little. But it's enough:

I will never, EVER sell my LunaSol 20 again. Ever.

[edit]and, I should add, I've embraced the concept of an EDC rotation . . . LOL!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Congrats on scoring a replacement. I am relatively new to collecting high end customs (just started about a year ago and have about a dozen lights so far) and have really enjoyed having an LS20 which I bought from Jamesmtl514, who was great to deal with and really welcomed me as a newbie to the forum. I can see why you missed it as it's just an awesome light. I also bought a couple of clicky Paks from McGizmo to go with it.

As it was my first really special light I can't bring myself to carry it so it's a shelf queen. Maybe once a month I take it out to admire it, put a battery in it, turn it on for a moment, and then put it back in safe storage. I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it and will probably be looking to buy another in the near future.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Hi JS. I know what you mean by the EDC rotation. Keeps much loved lights fresh and off the shelf. BTW, I remember from long ago, how much I love your Avatar. Kate Beckinsale. Can't believe she's 41...

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on scoring a replacement. I am relatively new to collecting high end customs (just started about a year ago and have about a dozen lights so far) and have really enjoyed having an LS20 which I bought from Jamesmtl514, who was great to deal with and really welcomed me as a newbie to the forum. I can see why you missed it as it's just an awesome light. I also bought a couple of clicky Paks from McGizmo to go with it.

As it was my first really special light I can't bring myself to carry it so it's a shelf queen. Maybe once a month I take it out to admire it, put a battery in it, turn it on for a moment, and then put it back in safe storage. I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it and will probably be looking to buy another in the near future.

magellan,

Thanks! I am very happy about having an LS20 again!

So . . . I'm wondering why you "can't bring yourself" to carry your LS20? First, I will say that--obviously--there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Many people take this approach to high end Titanium lights, and it certainly pays off when (or if) you decide (or need) to sell your light. "Mint" condition lights fetch a premium.

However . . . the thing about titanium is that it will still look damn good even after many years of EDC carry. Some people say that titanium is only "man jewelry"--the male equivalent of pearls or opals or diamonds, etc.--and it certainly can be approached that way. But, there is an important difference: titanium is eminently practical, durable, and long lasting. I discuss this at length in my LunaSol 20 thread linked to in my sigline and in the first post of this thread. Since titanium has a wonderful oxide layer, that forms practically instantly in air, scratches do not detract from its appeal and appearance. A well loved and oft carried titanium light looks different than a mint one, but it still looks good. And if you DO put a serious ding or scratch in your Ti light, you can sand / buff / polish it out without too much trouble. I've never had to do this so I can't comment on the best combination and order of methods, but the information is out there and is easy to find.

So, if you are afraid to carry your LS20 because you think you might make it look bad or whatever, let me reassure you that it will continue to look stunning even after years of EDC. Here is where I sold my first LS20 after four years of daily EDC: FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20. Check out the pics for yourself. See how beautiful she still looked after years of EDC.

And, on the other side of the coin, if you do not EDC your LS20, you will be missing out on the true LunaSol experience. This light reveals herself best after many months of EDC carry--when you've gotten to the point where you forget about the fact that you are using a high end, very expensive, custom made titanium light. When that disappears and the light becomes a tool made to do a range of jobs; when you stop being afraid that you might drop the light, or scratch it, or lose it; when you are focused on the tasks at hand and you need lighting and you use your LunaSol--then, and only then, will you truly know just how incredible this light really is.

So, there it is. Just my two cents, FWIW. Take it or leave it. But I definitely strongly urge you to experience the joy and utility of EDC'ing your LunaSol 20, day in and day out!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi JS. I know what you mean by the EDC rotation. Keeps much loved lights fresh and off the shelf. BTW, I remember from long ago, how much I love your Avatar. Kate Beckinsale. Can't believe she's 41...

I know, right?!? I was just looking at recent pics of her on IMDB from like January of this year (2014) and she still looks simply stunning! Maybe she really is a vampire :thinking: