Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
A pocket thrower would not be a bad thing. I think it can use either the tactical or pro tail cap.

N7oXlgi.jpg

Redhos83

Newly Enlightened
Mk ii brought back in Ti. Maybe with your twist on it. Also as others have mentioned a smaller 18350 style with possible extension for 18650. Sweet if was a triple Nichia.

fonfan

Enlightened
Aluminium, copper, titanium and stainless steel AAA/10440 lights with NoPWM (or >16kHz), HiCRI LED, TIR and reflector and mule variants, with side or tail switch models.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I want to see some new quark style lights come back, in 3000k,4000k tints
i have 4 quarks and love them all

MiniVader

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to see something with a couple of 26650 batteries in it, to last a good long time at fairly high output.

fyrstormer

Banned
I want to see lights that DON'T use the awful multi-twist interface. (multi-click is almost as irritating, but at least it doesn't wear-out the threads.) It's especially problematic on limited-edition titanium lights. Progressive-twist is approximately 513x better than multi-twist, and I'd pay a premium any day for the extra engineering required to make a multi-twist (or control-ring!) interface work properly. I shouldn't need two hands to select the brightness on my flashlight.

archer6817j

Enlightened
I want to see lights that DON'T use the awful multi-twist interface. (multi-click is almost as irritating, but at least it doesn't wear-out the threads.) It's especially problematic on limited-edition titanium lights. Progressive-twist is approximately 513x better than multi-twist, and I'd pay a premium any day for the extra engineering required to make a multi-twist (or control-ring!) interface work properly. I shouldn't need two hands to select the brightness on my flashlight.

Unfortunately any "progressive twist head to select modes" design is prevented by Surefire's lawyers.

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Surefire has a pretty well earned reputation for their lawsuits, which I feel are pretty frivolous, but they have deep pockets and expensive lawyers.

markr6

Flashaholic
I think surefire also patented the color black. And light. And the word flashlight.