Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

KITROBASKIN

CPF Supporter
Sorry it's been so long since we've posted - we have been diligently working on expanding our at-home shop, which takes time out of everything else for us. We will restock soon, and will answer any questions you have. Thanks so much for your patience!!
Great to hear from speck again!
Perhaps we have gotten used to not hearing from you all in a while, and are more comfortable with it because sometimes when you DO come back, we get rewarded with some groovy flashlights for offer; maybe even some 'rubber meets the road' supercool photos/videos.

Should we give up on a single cell 26650 (that can handle protected cells) less weight anodized aluminum (no beryllium copper {BeCu+4} please) model that incorporates some of the elegant solutions you all have been cooking up? How about one in our hands at the dawn of 2022? Can the design challenges be met with what you know now? Tell me where to send a deposit.

knucklegary

Kitro, would you object to 21700 size in 7075?
I'd be down for one in bare metal unplated, or clear ano just to stop oxidation

KITROBASKIN

CPF Supporter
That is a nice tool, but I have 26650's already and want to use them, hoping the 26650 batteries' capacity will increase with time. You make a good point though. Anodization is a must for me. 7075 is not really necessary but totally understand its allure.

djj

I am loving my 18350 slimmie and the low levels especially. It goes lower than any other light I have and is easily adjustable in the very low range. This is something I have wanted for many years.

I'm using a cr123 primary and hoping that the low levels won't sag the cell voltage below the led forward voltage as the cell depletes, allowing it to be sucked completely dry. Can someone tell me if that makes sense?

Latest posts