Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

turbodog

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha.

They did a custom color for me. The desk's dark colors are causing it to look darker than it is... light's a shade more toward rose than pink.

And I can do the cube. I set yearly goals for new stuff.
2020 rubik's cube
2021 lockpicking
2022 ???

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
Mine arrived too!! First thing I noticed is somehow I misjudged the size of the box it comes in

One thing I did not know and found peculiar is that the beam pattern is... interesting

But, as you would, I popped in a Nichia 219BT 4500K CRI92

And now my EDCL1-T has a little brother where CR123 batteries go to be sucked dry after main use!

Stoneking

Stoneking

Enlightened
Ha.

They did a custom color for me. The desk's dark colors are causing it to look darker than it is... light's a shade more toward rose than pink.

And I can do the cube. I set yearly goals for new stuff.
2020 rubik's cube
2021 lockpicking
2022 ???
2022: 3x3 Ghost Cube

speckacuda

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Has it really been a month since anyone posted here? Seems unusual.
We are still here, though not quite as often as we once were!!
Fraz Labs Tiny Nugget QT. I put rubber grips on and a constrictor knot lanyard. Also a frosted optic and 2700K Nichia 219B. Pretty fun. The most compact nugget yet. Finish work could be a bit better but I'm impressed by the innovation and improvements from the first few runs. Definite improvements from previous generations.
Gunga, I'm so glad you like it!!
I too would like to get one of these innovative flashlights, and for the record; machining marks or any other 'imperfections' are totally OK with me. Seems like Fraz Lab would be better off completing flashlights rather than spending time with attempts at perfecting the looks of the surface.
We got the bead blaster in an attempt to hide the machining marks, but overall most folks seem okay with the level at which I am capable of machining on whatever machine we are using at the time. I am so glad that the design speaks for itself, but both will continue to get better as we go (although, probably not at the same pace). Thanks for your support, KB!!
I ran over mine with a 17k JLG telehandler, I don’t care what it looks like as long as it holds up to that abuse
Aww, that's awesome BigB!! Glad she held steady, but if you ever have an issue just send it to us and it will come back to you all patched up.

We are so happy that y'all are all still here - one of us will be back in a bit to knock out some more of these responses.

The design keeps improving and we are BOTH still managing everything as best we can. I can see from the photos that some of y'all have received their latest shipment and noticed we have started a few new things - more on all that later!!

Thanks so much to all of you for continuing to follow along!!

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
We are still here, though not quite as often as we once were!!

Gunga, I'm so glad you like it!!

We got the bead blaster in an attempt to hide the machining marks, but overall most folks seem okay with the level at which I am capable of machining on whatever machine we are using at the time. I am so glad that the design speaks for itself, but both will continue to get better as we go (although, probably not at the same pace). Thanks for your support, KB!!

Aww, that's awesome BigB!! Glad she held steady, but if you ever have an issue just send it to us and it will come back to you all patched up.

We are so happy that y'all are all still here - one of us will be back in a bit to knock out some more of these responses.

The design keeps improving and we are BOTH still managing everything as best we can. I can see from the photos that some of y'all have received their latest shipment and noticed we have started a few new things - more on all that later!!

Thanks so much to all of you for continuing to follow along!!

I've read before that you had a lot of issues with the optics, being delivered bunched up and with dirt/fingerprints on it, did you manage to make any strides on that front?
Also how much variation is there in the optics? I know mine has a beam that would make a white wall hunter cry uncontrollably.

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
I just realized the Fenix PD36R pocket clip that fits the Malkoff MD21700 almost fits the Tiny Nugget. It was just a bit tight and was scraping when turning so I tried to bend it a bit to fit properly but did not succeed.
Does anyone have maybe a 21700 flashlight clip that you could try? I feel like I maybe onto something.