• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
Does anyone now if Fraz Labs sends out shipping or order confirmation? I placed an order a few days ago with the recent drop and I've heard no confirmation from them yet. I'm sure they're just busy, but I'm worried that my order may not have been excepted

Hey djans, we got your order and it is all boxed up now (been pretty busy....had to assemble the boxes too). We'll get you a shipping confirmation and tracking #. It will head your way tomorrow.

I'll try to get back on here and answer further questions later this evening (also post some updates). We're trying to streamline everything the last few weeks. We've also been working on improving the design while manufacturing existing units. I still have to post that video of LED swap (but hopefully will also have a design soon that will make the swap even easier).

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm looking forward to finally getting one in hand! Remember to take a break and enjoy life now and then!

ten5three

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'm looking forward to finally getting one in hand! Remember to take a break and enjoy life now and then!

Same here. I ordered when I got my in stock notification. I emailed after I hadn't received an order confirmation. Felicia responded and said they'd be going out in a couple of days. Still haven't received a shipping notification, but I'm hoping I'll see one tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it!

delus

Newly Enlightened
I also got a shipping notification on Friday. Looks like they got a few packages together before taking them to the post office.
USPS package tracking has been totally screwed up for a couple months. This is the fifth time I've seen this. They report "shipping label created", then there is no further information about the package's travels until it arrives at your door. Thanks Trump.

TheFraz

Enlightened
I also got a shipping notification on Friday. Looks like they got a few packages together before taking them to the post office.
USPS package tracking has been totally screwed up for a couple months. This is the fifth time I've seen this. They report "shipping label created", then there is no further information about the package's travels until it arrives at your door. Thanks Trump.

Yes, we got most lights packaged and shipped on Friday with some straggling to Saturday. We use a variety of shipping methods (sometimes we have a carrier pick up the mail and sometimes we drop it off at various locations as we travel). The packages are not always scanned in at the same time, or sometimes not at all. I suspect starting tomorrow they will begin to move and/or trickle in to their final destination.

We currently have several bottlenecks in the manufacturing/assembly process and we are doing as best we can to speed them up. Packaging these lights and shipping them between the two of us is actually one of the slower processes. I really look forward to you guys getting these lights, and I'm sorry for any wait.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Your packaging "boxes " are a fantastic bonus. Love it. On a side note my tiny tank has been subjected to dozens of baths/showers and not a drop of water has found its way inside. Tossed around the backyard as well. You really have a fantastic design here!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a two man show I think you two are doing fantastic! I know I really appreciate your due diligence to the R&D, machining and shipping of your products. I can't wait to get my Lumenite 21700 in hand!!!

TheFraz

Enlightened
Your packaging "boxes " are a fantastic bonus. Love it. On a side note my tiny tank has been subjected to dozens of baths/showers and not a drop of water has found its way inside. Tossed around the backyard as well. You really have a fantastic design here!

Thank you! And glad you're still liking the light! We have some more ideas for torture testing to video soon...

For a two man show I think you two are doing fantastic! I know I really appreciate your due diligence to the R&D, machining and shipping of your products. I can't wait to get my Lumenite 21700 in hand!!!

:D We appreciate it! We just arrived late tonight back in town to get some more shop time in. There are a few tricks we have CAMmed out that I am really looking forward to trying out (including a sort of throwback light design I've been working on). I hope you enjoy the Lumenite! It'll be there soon hopefully.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: today for the 18650 as per PM.

Thx

Your light is the only one we still have in our possession, as we ran out of wooden boxes over the weekend. We are making more of them tomorrow, and it will go to the USPS tomorrow evening. Can't wait to see what you think!

Yay just got the shipped notification today.

I love the photo in your footer, but I have to ask what it is and how was it made?! It would match my Boker Mermaid perfectly...

Rest? You're hilarious!! But seriously, thank you for the kind words - we aren't on Amazon Prime level, but we do try our best to be quick. I'm excited to see what you think of the new Lumenite!

Glad we aren't the only one having issues! Last week we had a package leave Little Rock, AR and wasn't scanned into the system until it was in Nashville, TN. It was supposed to go to Colorado, so that was fun to try and figure out.

We thought the wooden box would be better than those stupid packages that require a hatchet to open. Also, they're easier to make! I love that your kids use the light - starting them out right!!

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted a photo in awhile, so here we go! Fraz came up with this fixture which enables us to easily set up/run two of anything with one G-offset (little things help a bunch when two of us are running five CNC machines at once). All I could see was WALL-E, so I decided to engrave him onto the thing. Well, the finished item didn't quite come out the way I'd envisioned on the CAM (though it does work very well), so we decided to turn it into a one-eyed creature of some sort. T-800? Owl? Evil WALL-E? Y'all can be the judge...

7UAzC3H.jpg