• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
I think I'd like to grab an aluminum one when available. 4000K Samsung

Yes shiny brass for me as well in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

That look nice. Let me know when you have more. I love the new size.

Would love to claim either one but new acct here and cannot PM. Let me know, these look fantastic!

Great job, I like the slimmer design!

Thanks guys! Both lights are now sold - we'll get to work on making more ASAP. The aluminum lights are machined but still need to be anodized and assembled and they will be ready as well.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Made this in the shop today. Shows the full assembly of the Gold Nugget from all the broken down components. Full assembly takes around 4 minutes with me fumbling around and going pretty slow. An LED swap would be much much faster as it doesn't require access to all this stuff. The LED is now very easy to access with the removable optic ring. I'll also link the Instagram video below as it is sped up to 1 minute for a shorter watch.

https://www.instagram.com/frazlabs/

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
SPOILER ALERT!

Just in case y'all want to know how the assembly video was made, here you go. We might not be "engineers" on paper, but I think we would give them a run for their money on the fly. Also, this is how I know I'm my father's child - we made the 'camera mount' out of a carabiner, my hair tie, and my grandfather's old handkerchief. We almost had a MacGyver episode on our hands, folks.

kXIeWvn.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never realized how easy you made it to change the LED, it's modular- I guess it's time to get some emitters and 16mm boards ready.

Wow... I'm pretty floored by this thing, can't wait to have it in hand!

TheFraz

Enlightened
Very nice! Should sell it in kit form 

That's a good idea! May have to do that with a few...

Very very impressive. Can we see the gold nugget next to any common lights?

Absolutely, I'll take some pics tonight when we get back home.

I never realized how easy you made it to change the LED, it's modular- I guess it's time to get some emitters and 16mm boards ready.

Wow... I'm pretty floored by this thing, can't wait to have it in hand!

Thank you :D. This 'wireless' design has been the trickiest one yet to fine-tune, but it's working great now. It also has the best piston system. It is my favorite so far (...of course it seems every new design is my new favorite...).

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
Interesting design. Simple and neat!
Fraz, do you have plan making a twisty tail switch version?
I think moving the QTC piston to the tailcap could further reduce the bezel diameter.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Interesting design. Simple and neat!
Fraz, do you have plan making a twisty tail switch version?
I think moving the QTC piston to the tailcap could further reduce the bezel diameter.

Thank you! Being minimal is one of the main focal points of the design and the product. I have thought about implementing the piston in other places before, but I always end up coming back to this setup. Mainly I haven't done a tailswitch version because I want to eliminate the tailcap in all the lights (always trying to eliminate parts). I like the lights only having 2 movable parts (the upper and lower body of the light) so anyone finding the light will figure out how it operates without instructions.

This version of the light is as narrow as we can make it because of the diameter of the optic. With a more narrow optic, we can miniaturize the design further.

nightshade

Enlightened
No pressure (QTC pun intended) , but I can't wait to see a 14500 version of this wonderful design in the future.

TheFraz

Enlightened
It is looking like I'll have the opportunity to try one in aluminum very soon[emoji14]

I saw that you got one, hope you enjoy! Also hope to hear what you think about it - and if you have any questions/comments/issues with it please let us know.

These newer ones are a definitely a bit different on the internals side, but the older Nuggets hold a place in my heart as well.