• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's a lot smaller then a super hound dog 😂😂. It's a nice size I think

9-CA6-C0-F7-3296-4-E5-E-B76-F-DAF19443010-D.jpg

49-E89-FDA-BAFB-4-D46-B2-E6-DA01-B6042710.jpg

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can when I get home!

For me, easy to carry. Small + heavy is a good combo because I always know it's there, and i typically hear it drop if it ever does.

The size and weight in this case seem really to hit a sweet spot, yes it's heavy and yes it's a bit swollen for a standard 18350 light, but all together it holds really ridiculously well and feel very appropriate in my palm. I think it if were any smaller, it would become annoying to use and twist. I do find this to be a very very solid balance of everything put together.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I can when I get home!

For me, easy to carry. Small + heavy is a good combo because I always know it's there, and i typically hear it drop if it ever does.

The size and weight in this case seem really to hit a sweet spot, yes it's heavy and yes it's a bit swollen for a standard 18350 light, but all together it holds really ridiculously well and feel very appropriate in my palm. I think it if were any smaller, it would become annoying to use and twist. I do find this to be a very very solid balance of everything put together.

I totally agree about the weight of the bass nuggets. It's very well balanced and sits good in the hand. It may be half a pound but I like the weight 😁

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been running this just shy of 20 minutes and she has held 370+ lumens the whole time! Started around 390, went up to 430 around 2 minutes, and held since around 370. It's all hotter at 20 minutes. 330 lumens. Still holdable, very impressive!

edit: back up to 360 at 22minutes.. what?! great thermal regulation!

at 30 minutes we finally drop to 190lm

35min, 2.8V 65lm

38min, 30lm

40min 2.65V 20lm

Test stopped for sake of the cell, very cool for a single 18350 light!

Also, the moonlight mode on this that is possible is truly insane! you need to be in total darkness, with it right up to your eye!

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believeeee it is the LH351D, I asked for either that if it were 90CRI, or the SST-20 if both were 70CRI. It appears to be higher CRI. I will eventually take it apart to swap boards, but little desire to do that right now :)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new slimmer design looks nice. Honestly though I like the size, heft and design of my Lumenite 21700 as it's so not like my other lights. Feels good in hand. Just feels solid! I'm sure the slimmer ones will sell well though. Nice to have options.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The new design is much smaller. Been carrying mine in my watch pocket of my jeans " it fits fine". But I do like my larger 18650 model for use. As you say it's very substantial and easier to hold. But it's definitely not for edc.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really hoping some sort of BR version is offered in 18650 or 21700, what a fantabulous thing to hold that would be! I've been pestering them via email since signing up for this little nugget :)