• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

fulee9999

Enlightened
I'm not even sure if you're serious or not at this point :D

as we all know, Peak does the same thing, only they have the QTC in series with the battery, and not in a different circuit, but the design is actually really nice, it looks like HDS's little brother who didn't get deployed with his brother so he went to the gym all the time to get even buffer, I love it

whowee, boy did we talk a lot about basically nothing, if and when these hit the market, someone give me a poke, heck, I'd even CharlesBridgTec the sh.t out of it if FrazLabs wants some youtube content :D

I have a Tiny Tank 18350 and it really lives up to its name as a tank.

I believe the production volume is limited by the shop being a two person operation. The closest equivalent I can think of is Grimsmo Knives where it's two brothers and a handful of employees. They're charging about $900 per knife. Fraz and Speckacuda are awesome people and make a great product for the price.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Peak is not like this light. Not talking about the QTC. This light has no wires, no solder, no pcb/ electronics at all.
I'm pretty sure there are little to no wires in the Peaks as well. Maybe in the light head, because that's one big potted unit I'm not willing to take apart, but no electronics or wires in there as well, that's - one of the reasons - why QTC ligths are so tough. ( and why I like 'em :) )

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure there are little to no wires in the Peaks as well. Maybe in the light head, because that's one big potted unit I'm not willing to take apart, but no electronics or wires in there as well, that's - one of the reasons - why QTC ligths are so tough. ( and why I like 'em :) )

At least they only sell what's in stock.

Look at Okluma...I think Jeff machines 1 light a month.

fulee9999

Enlightened
At least they only sell what's in stock.

Look at Okluma...I think Jeff machines 1 light a month.

Hence why Okluma DC0s are very expensive in the secondhand market :)

But I'm digressing, it's perfectly fine and well that they only sell what they can make, I like to spend money on stuff that I will get in the forseeable future as well, I just don't get how come they don't produce these light en mass.

And I understand they are a two person operation, but so are the Malkoffs, same with Peak, and they keep a steady flow of products comin' continuously.

In my view, this is a very cheap ( for what it is ), very robust and very unique light, I would've guessed that there is far more interest in this from the buyer side, and more commitment from the production side.
If anything I'd be glad to see an NLD post with a TinyNugget every two weeks over at reddit.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Thought they had equipment issues in the recent past from the stuff I read in this thread. Something about equipment in one place, they are in a different one. Trying to move stuff or something.

gunga

Flashaholic
They release them a bit at at timr and don't tell anyone. You kinda have to cruise the website here and there. It helps to put your email down for a reminder when there is stock.

Well, I think people will be happy with the new QT. The exterior finish is good, not great but the internal parts are better made (all custom made), a pair of thin tip needle nose pliers and 2mm Allen key is all that is needed to swap LEDS. No wrench needed anymore (finally). If possible, try to ask for extra qtc. I could not get the action I like until I swapped in a new piece (had a couple from long ago).

I'm especially pleased because the design is based on a 20mm carclo optic so is no longer crazy bulky and wide. It's not slim, but this is a vast improvement.

It's not a perfect light but it's truly unique and very cool with no driver or wires. I've been following the design for over a decade. It's finally at a point where I like the resulting flashlight a lot.

mesa232323

Enlightened
Very unique light. I believe I'm the only one at the moment that owns A QT gold in matte. I own 4 of their lights so far.

Attachments

• 20220531_174323.jpg
    20220531_174323.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 87

Mgizler

Enlightened
I just ordered a tiny nugget SL in 18350 yesterday! I can't wait to get my hands on it. I previously had a tiny nugget in 18650, but reluctantly had to sell.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Any idea when the most recent batch will ship out? Heading for vacation this coming Friday. Would be awesome to test it out at the beach!

fulee9999

Enlightened
Any idea when the most recent batch will ship out? Heading for vacation this coming Friday. Would be awesome to test it out at the beach!

not sure, but ping me if you know, I've sent them two mails since I've paid for mine and no answer whatsoever...
Maybe they are at the Blade Show as well...?

Mgizler

Enlightened
not sure, but ping me if you know, I've sent them two mails since I've paid for mine and no answer whatsoever...
Maybe they are at the Blade Show as well...?

My guess is they are there or really busy. They are only a two person business. I can't remember how long it was for my last one. But man was it worth the wait!! I promise you that.

I will for sure let you know if I hear anything.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the above, you will be updated when your package ships (I've always been) it just sometimes takes a week or two to get everything out the door.

Having done it myself for only a couple dozen people at a time, not only is is suprisingly time consuming, you also have to be sure, especially behind a brand you have created, that you aren't messing anything up..... it is quite embarassing and an even more massive headache and time sink!

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought everything was out of stock?
Do you proceed with ordering a light that isn't in stock and it just ships to you when it does?

@fulee9999 did you luck up and find one in stock?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I thought everything was out of stock?
Do you proceed with ordering a light that isn't in stock and it just ships to you when it does?

@fulee9999 did you luck up and find one in stock?

I actually wrote them just as they were putting some up on the website for sale and Felicia sent me a quote for one