• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Did anybody have a chance to photo the QT next to the nugget?
I got you, fam!! So sorry I haven't put a photo of the QT Nugget on the site, that completely slipped my mind and I slightly oversold the last drop, so we don't have a pretty one for show... 🤦‍♀️

This is an 18350 QT that I'm using as a tester for a different finish beside a Tiny Nugget SL 18350. If you want hard numbers, they're as follows:

TNSL
Length - 3.13"
Width - 1.31"

TNQT
Length -2.863"
Width - 1.217"

PXL_20220713_191246010.jpg PXL_20220713_191208476.MP.jpg

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
On their latest offerings....Do we know more about their technology and components used?
The QTC material used in the past by other makers has not been available for a while. What QTC do they use?

I want one to support the niche, their business, and because @thermal guy has one....but with its size I'm trying to envision how I'd use it or carry it since it's not pocketable and doesn't have a clip.
@thermal guy probably has his on a neck lanyard.
We stockpiled a bunch a while back, but we have been dabbling with testing other offerings recently - there's a bunch of companies that make 'smart rubber' and 'conductive rubber', but all behave a bit differently. A neck lanyard would be neat, I have an old sterling silver ring top mechanical pencil that I'd love to wear as a necklace - nothing beats functional jewelry!! Thermal Guy can start a fashion revolution with our lights, he has the prettiest one (so far, at least)!! I modeled a magnetic mount that can be 3D printed, I just need to add it to the site (along with the battery sleeves). Also, if I didn't get a light to you already, send me a PM and I'll get you on the list for the next go-round, which should be next week or so.

Lol I got this!
So far, you're the only one, but there may be more. I am trying to come up with a fun something to send along to names I recognize. A lot of y'all have been here cheering since the beginning (back in 2013 or so), and that's longer than some people we know in real life - I'd like to reward you for the morale boost during those early years.
The skinniest gal at a weight watchers meeting.
I am making this into a sticker, because that is really the perfect description!!
I would be interested to see the QT next to the SL.. there really is a huge difference in this one compared to my last one. I don't mind having this one in my pocket.
Photo is posted! Also, I've used a Surefire CR123 in my TNSL with no noticeable rattle.
did anyone get any 21700's this drop? I'm signed up for the email notifications for that one, but never got any email. been trying to buy one for like 2 years
We haven't made any 21700's since 2020, the design changed and we haven't updated them to match the new engines yet. They will be back, but it will be a few more months.
I've read before that you had a lot of issues with the optics, being delivered bunched up and with dirt/fingerprints on it, did you manage to make any strides on that front?
Also how much variation is there in the optics? I know mine has a beam that would make a white wall hunter cry uncontrollably.
Optics are one of the few things we don't have control over - some orders are shipped in baggies, others are individually wrapped inside a plastic case. Different emitters definitely play better with them than others, the folks here in this thread know far more about different led combos with all the optics we use. I will say the 351D looks the best with the optic in the TNSL and the SST20 looks the best with the optic in the QT Nugget.
As an extreme hard user trit slots will just weaken the integrity of the metal during my daily use, and give away my location
We really want to keep with the bulletproof, very minimal design that requires as little extra machining as possible.
Wow I would have loved to snag this!!
There will be more custom dyed lights, don't worry!!

Here's a teaser for those who are still reading - QT Gold's in progress!!
PXL_20220713_213721805.jpg

Seanzo

Newly Enlightened
We stockpiled a bunch a while back, but we have been dabbling with testing other offerings recently - there's a bunch of companies that make 'smart rubber' and 'conductive rubber', but all behave a bit differently. A neck lanyard would be neat, I have an old sterling silver ring top mechanical pencil that I'd love to wear as a necklace - nothing beats functional jewelry!! Thermal Guy can start a fashion revolution with our lights, he has the prettiest one (so far, at least)!! I modeled a magnetic mount that can be 3D printed, I just need to add it to the site (along with the battery sleeves). Also, if I didn't get a light to you already, send me a PM and I'll get you on the list for the next go-round, which should be next week or so.

So far, you're the only one, but there may be more. I am trying to come up with a fun something to send along to names I recognize. A lot of y'all have been here cheering since the beginning (back in 2013 or so), and that's longer than some people we know in real life - I'd like to reward you for the morale boost during those early years.

I am making this into a sticker, because that is really the perfect description!!

Photo is posted! Also, I've used a Surefire CR123 in my TNSL with no noticeable rattle.

We haven't made any 21700's since 2020, the design changed and we haven't updated them to match the new engines yet. They will be back, but it will be a few more months.

Optics are one of the few things we don't have control over - some orders are shipped in baggies, others are individually wrapped inside a plastic case. Different emitters definitely play better with them than others, the folks here in this thread know far more about different led combos with all the optics we use. I will say the 351D looks the best with the optic in the TNSL and the SST20 looks the best with the optic in the QT Nugget.

We really want to keep with the bulletproof, very minimal design that requires as little extra machining as possible.

There will be more custom dyed lights, don't worry!!

Here's a teaser for those who are still reading - QT Gold's in progress!!
View attachment 29840
And I do enjoy my QT Gold!

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Here are some comparison photos showing the size difference between the Tiny Nugget SL and the newest QT Nugget, as well as a bezel comparison of the QT Nugget with a 20mm optic and the newest QT featuring a 26.5mm optic (name pending at this moment). As you can see, it's significant!!

We will add inventory around 10pm CST tomorrow (August 2nd) of QT Gold 18350's and QT Nugget 18650's to the website. Notifications will go out as soon as the inventory is added to the site. This will be our biggest drop yet (translation - it will take a bit to get it all out the door) and I hope you all have a chance to get in on the fun!!

Attachments

• PXL_20220801_075537052.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220801_075537052.PORTRAIT.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20220801_080334161.jpg
    PXL_20220801_080334161.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 76

wweiss

Enlightened
I have a QT-L Nugget 18650 on the way.

I usually don't get in on drops but I woke up around 9:59 and figured well that's fate

Looks like y'all sold out of the 18650 in a minute and the other stuff in about 5 mins.
So, you're the B'strd that got it before me! I didn't see the email until after I flushed and was too late…. Sniff.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have a QT-L Nugget 18650 on the way.

I usually don't get in on drops but I woke up around 9:59 and figured well that's fate

Looks like y'all sold out of the 18650 in a minute and the other stuff in about 5 mins.
Started looking after you texted me ab the drop. Got in bed right at 11 here on the east coast. Drop happened right about 11:02. Ended up with a shiny gold. Threads should be nice and smooth. 😁

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Started looking after you texted me ab the drop. Got in bed right at 11 here on the east coast. Drop happened right about 11:02. Ended up with a shiny gold. Threads should be nice and smooth. 😁

Nice! Battleproof lights that we need in our EDC rotation
I'll send you some 519a to screw down in it.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Is it that easy that a non modder can do it? I know there is no wires, guess you just pop the new board in and screw it down?

You the man Kernel! Hard users unite.

Latest posts