• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did flip the qtc and performance is very good. I am not cranking down tight to get maximum lumens.
Since we are not hearing from the masters, wondering if any CPF member can update us as to the status of Fraz Labs? This flashlight is getting used a lot every night and predawn.

wweiss

Enlightened
I did flip the qtc and performance is very good. I am not cranking down tight to get maximum lumens.
Since we are not hearing from the masters, wondering if any CPF member can update us as to the status of Fraz Labs? This flashlight is getting used a lot every night and predawn.
In my Tiny Tank, it was round. I found I had to flip it every week or so to "fluff" it up….

TheFraz

Enlightened
I'm so sorry for the hiatus for so long. We will (and especially me) will get to the questions asked asap. We have been converting from rented machines to infrastructure closer to home for quite some time. I'm sorry for the lack of communication for so long, but I promise to keep you informed as much as possible from now on. We see the questions and comments, and we (especially me.....Speck has been doing great) will answer them all. I'm sorry for the lack of coms.

-Fraz

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update! Very much wanting to know you all´s status, because the Fraz Labs flashlight I have is turning out to be an interesting and useful tool.

It does help to read the knowledge you provide on your website, and do some things other flashlights are not involved in. I definitely want to talk about it more but only if stock is available, even if it continues to be limited stock. I think others will be pleased with your creation, yet recognize it is not for everyone.

Carry on and Well done!

TheFraz

Enlightened
Have been working on the successor to the Lumenite (the Lumenite II which hopefully can use 26650, 21700, and 18650. Works better in every way....and I even modded my first one with a ridiculous LED (heat sinking was an issue...for now......). We have some pics. I'll see if I can find something....

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
Lum 2 on right, QT-L on left. The Lum 2 can be modded with some pretty interesting stuff I think. Trying to make it even beefier with the heat sinking.

Attachments

• Lum2.jpg
    Lum2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 91

gunga

Flashaholic
A quick question. For the smallest lights (QT models). Are they now designed around 26mm optics? The pictures are all over the place so I don't know what is true for that design. They were originally made for 20mm optics but that may have changed.

PattPickle

Newly Enlightened
A quick question. For the smallest lights (QT models). Are they now designed around 26mm optics? The pictures are all over the place so I don't know what is true for that design. They were originally made for 20mm optics but that may have changed.
Good question. The first light I got is the 26.5mm (brass) while the slightly newer light (aluminum) has the 20mm.

I like both sizes. More options in 20mm though and I find that design to center the optic better.

gunga

Flashaholic
Good question. The first light I got is the 26.5mm (brass) while the slightly newer light (aluminum) has the 20mm.

I like both sizes. More options in 20mm though and I find that design to center the optic better.
Are both your lights the QT? Same diameter outside? Better throw on the brass?