• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Freebies Giveaway

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just Updated Post 1

Everyone can participate. You don't need to be my customer for this one.

This Fiat Lux K40vn is very nice IMO. As with all Fiat Lux lights, this one will be engraved as well. This is a XML2 5000K Dedome. The tint is perfect especially outdoor IMO. The beam profile or hot spot to corona balance is perfect also. All in all this light has been my pride possession. It's even brighter than some/most K40vn 6500K Dedome. I will miss it for sure! :)

Since this light is so special (at least to me) I would like to ask participants to post at least 1 picture with their post. Post a picture of anything and any topic and tell us a little bit about it. I think it's nice for us flashaholic to learn a bit a bout or just enjoy the things to be shared.

You can post pictures via these sites:
http://photobucket.com/ (Account needed. Facebook account OK too)
http://www.loogix.com/ (No account needed - If you only have one picture you must upload it twice for the site to work)

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Thanks Vinh :)

I'm in for light#3 1001

Ok, here are some pics. My other hobby is shooting sports and gun collecting.

I'm sure most people might recognize this gun, the Russian Dragunov SVD.

I have loved this gun since I first saw one in a movie years ago. A year and a half ago, my Wife and I were at a garage sale looking for an old cast iron stove when I came across this sitting on top of some slot machines that were for sale.

This is a Russian Dragunov Tiger. Its the sporting version of the military SVD that was only imported in 1993. There are only 1001 of these in the US. After 1993, these were no longer allowed to be imported. B West from Las Vegas Nevada imported this one.

It shoots the 7.62x54R cartridge, the same as the Russian Mosin shoots. The Tiger comes with two 5 round box magazines.

The difference between the mitary SVD and the Tiger is that the Tiger has a shorter barrel, no flash hider, non adjustable gas regulator, 5 round mags, a wood thumbhole stock and plastic forearm.

The SVD has an adjustable gas reg, wood skelaton stock and wood forearm grip and a longer barrel with flash hider.

I wantes to get as close to the military SVD as I could. So I bought the SVD wood, 10 round mag amd proper bi pod. I'm only missing a longer barrel and adjustable gas reg to be a complete military style just like the SVD.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if my previous post counted since we jumped the "gun" ;)
In for #3 0001 !!!!
Luving my K40 & m2500 as a combo right now.

Flood & throw!

vipsmps

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]In for light 3! #5102

Thank's Vinh
[/FONT]

LichtAn!

Enlightened
in for light three - #2014

I just started knifemaking and this is my first knife I made out of niolox.

urezyty8.jpg

kpangy

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for light #3 2602

05496485-photo-essai-moto-triumph-street-triple-675-r.jpg

This is the new 2013MY Triumph Street Triple R, circa 100bhp, using the same 675cc inline triple engine as their Daytona sports bike.
It's won many magazine group tests (at least in the UK) as the best middleweight naked, beating the Kawazaki Z800, MV Agusta Brutale 800 and more recently the new Yamaha MT-09 (just).
It's been my screen saver since getting out of hospital almost a year ago to act as a constant reminder to pull my finger out and finally get my bike license sorted after over a decade of umming and ahhing about it. Life's too short for regrets and I should just get on with it and this will be the bike I'll get after passing my test and I plan on doing a big road trip around the UK on it, hopefully in time for this summer.

BTW very nice rifle Aaron. :)

Nice knife too LichtAn, very impressive for a 1st effort. :)

Average Joe

Newly Enlightened
I'm IN ! Pic of my Crelant (since sold away) on a polished piece of aluminium.
Just mucking about with my camera
CREE_7G2CS_zps8aa9dc1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Capolini

Banned
I almost forgot!!!! LIGHT #3- NUMBER: 3333 From me, Number "3" Son!!!

Ok,,,,,,,,,,I love Capo[My Siberian].:) However, I Doubt if the gentlemen[not me the other guy!]in this pic. will be seen with someone else on here, but you never know!!!!

Lets see."Vihn" lives in the Seattle area and the FINE gentlemen next to me is also from the Seattle area!!

Hint: His SON was the GREATEST guitarist that ever lived!!!Look closely at the ENTIRE PICTURE! If you can't identify the man by the clues I gave you,,,then you do not know much about Rock N'Roll music!

But first a picture of the Mountains in Italy where my Grandmother was born. I have been blessed to have been there twice! Town:Acquasatnta[AP] Terme in Gran Sasso National Park in the "Marche" region of Italy which is about 3 hours drive Northeast of Roma and about 1 hour from the Adriatic Sea.:thumbsup:

THEN TWO PICS. OF ME AND ???! TAKEN IN APRIL AND MAY OF 2000 IN HIS HOUSE IN SEATTLE, WA.!

p.s I am down to 193 LBS., about 12 LBS. thinner now then in this Picture!!

Thanks to Capo and better diet!! One chin is missing to!! However, there is some additional Grey as this pic. is nearing 14 years old!!! lol!!:thumbsup:

italiadisc2348_zps1deb52fe.jpg

11456606483_a6f4ddb69d_o.jpg

11456432175_8bef7f4a54_o.jpg

Last edited:

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
I'm in . . .. Thanks Vinh

You are one lucky guy, Capolini . . . Grandson Isarel Hendrix! And yes, Greatest Guitarist of All Time!!!!! Jimi Hendrix. And you've been to his house TWICE!

emicefall_zps0ded228e.jpg

We had one beautiful day in between many weeks of cold nasty weather. My 10yo and I took advantage and went for a LONG scooter ride! We had a blast!

Jalben

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Vinh!
I'm in draw three! #8675
One of my local museums has a few nautical things, like parts of the Titanic and this really nice Fresnel lens from a light house. I keep trying to think of a way to mount it on a flashlight....

2014-01-18133431_zps959db7c0.jpg

Capolini

Banned
I'm in . . .. Thanks Vinh

You are one lucky guy, Capolini . . . Grandson Isarel Hendrix! And yes, Greatest Guitarist of All Time!!!!! Jimi Hendrix. And you've been to his house TWICE!

emicefall_zps0ded228e.jpg

We had one beautiful day in between many weeks of cold nasty weather. My 10yo and I took advantage and went for a LONG scooter ride! We had a blast!

Thanks,,,,,,,,Not sure who Grandson Isarel Hendrix is?!

Hold on a second!! Are you saying that , "You" are Isarel Hendrix, Al's Grandson??? That would make you Leon Hendrix's son?

That is me with James Allen Hendrix,,,Jimi's Dad:)

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for light #3 (K40vn), #7,777!

Here are some photos of the primary reason I got into flashlights. Because of my work schedule, especially in the winter I end up having to take this guy out for walks and to play in the dark pretty often so a good flashlight quickly became a necessity!

upu9u9ed.jpg

a5ynu2am.jpg

za3edaba.jpg

breinrules

Newly Enlightened
u2y2e9u8.jpg

Greetings. I am from the philippines. Can i join? In the US. Do you have flashlights like this ? Bought for 10$ at chinatown. Could be as cheap as 5$ from supplier. Cree xpg. 4800 mah (1200 real rate ) 18650 and phone like charger.

Last edited: