Friday the 13th Hits Home

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
...But what is more troubling is that it doesn't start, not sure what happened there...

Groundhog66,

CA bikes have an emmission control canister hooked up to the tank at the filler port level. When the bike gets tipped over the line floods and the bike won't run. So check for another line other than the main fuel line to the carburators. Drain it and empty the canister of any liquid fuel. Then your bike should start.

kelmo

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're only dented. If you still ain't feeling right in the morning, don't be Mr. Macho. Go and get checked out by an MD (and no, not a Mental Deviant).

Stating the obvious, because I see way too many bad riders (who make things bad for the rest of you):

If you get killed, your mother will be really, really, really mad at you.

Your boat load of bad *** rider attitude and/or your "I know my rules of the road and the motorcycle laws of this state by heart" attitude is still no match for a Kenworth. To a Kenworth, you are merely a speed bump. Game over.

No matter how load your pipes are, there is always a deaf old fart behind the wheel of that Buick Roadmaster.

Why, yes, behind the wheel of every single car on the road there really is a little old lady who will make a lane change every three seconds without looking in her mirrors. Why do you ask?

If nothing else, remember this: Even on your dream bike you are unfortunately riding in the real world.

Groundhog66

Banned
Thank you for all the kind words everyone :wave: I am going to see my MD Monday, nothing is broken but I sure as hell am hurting. I think the worst hit was my feeling of freedom as I ride, anytime something like this happens it seems to change things. I will never stop riding......:tinfoil:

Tim

PS Anyone out there got the hook-up on new helmets...:popcorn:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to go off topic, but we had a pretty bad night at the drift practice on the 13th too
a Ae86 corolla clipped a wall and wrote off the front end, and we had an s13 silvia roll too, first thing the guy said to me was "i hope you got photos of it", then "well i guess i dont need to keep saving for that rollcage, new car first"

glad to see your ok,

oh and on a CPF note - the ambulance rolled up on scene, and asked "has anyone got a torch"?
my fiancee had her little key ring light (single 5mm led, charges via USB) and was the only one there who had a light (i was still walking down with my L0p, U2 and strion)

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
$450 for a helmet?? wow. (my Hap Jones helmet was $18 in the 70's. ;) ! ) well congrats for wearing one -- I was going to say "even though California law doesn't require it" -- but a quick goog shows that California has had a helmet law since '96.. some interesting info here; http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/helmet_use.html

"..Compared with cars, motorcycles are an especially dangerous form of travel. Per mile traveled, the number of deaths on motorcycles in 2004 was about 34 times the number in cars. Motorcyclist deaths have been rising in recent years — more than doubling between the all-time low in 1997 and 2005.."

I learned at an early age that I was and YOU ARE COMPLETELY INVISIBLE TO MOTORISTS WHILE RIDING A MOTORCYCLE..and I drove that way, which is why I am not dead at the moment...not that a few cars didn't actually tried to run me over a couple times..

driving in California I am often grazed by motocyclists passing my car, in MY lane, and every time I think how lucky they are I didn't just happen to swerve a little to the left or right at the wrong moment and kill them..